The Usual Suspects...ahh

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:22:16 PM

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: SoNowThenThe Pulp Fiction thing ain't bullshit. It is your humble opinion.
Not the fact people might like Reservoir Dogs or Jackie Brown over Pulp Fiction, but the fact people might like those respective films over Pulp Fiction for the popularity reason. But yes, in my humble opinion Pulp Fiction easily tops either of those. Jackie Brown is close, but it never had the same pinazz, for lack of a better word.

Weak2ndAct

So yeah, The Usual Susepcts is cool.

NEON MERCURY

1.  jackie brown is better than pulp fiction
2.  american beauty is still a great film
3.  usual suspects holds up very well and still rocks

Pubrick

Quote from: NEON MERCURY1.  jackie brown is better than pulp fiction
2.  american beauty is still a great film
3.  usual suspects holds up very well and still rocks
1. some days that is true.
2. sure, thora. nuff said.
3. i havn't seen it since i realised it was an empty film, it was a fun empty film tho. like hacksparrow said, singer is one of the better hacks in the business.
under the paving stones.

Rudie Obias

well...  i said it once and i'll say it again (i never really get tired of saying this), THE USUAL SUSPECTS is the most overrated movie of the 1990s.  bryan singer is a no talent hack!

and on that note check out the film ZERO EFFECT, the most under appreciated film of the 1990s.

Quote from: NEON MERCURY1.  jackie brown is better than pulp fiction
yeah, i'll agree with that....
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: rudieob(i never really get tired of saying this)
Rudieob, table for one.

Sanjuro

usual suspects is not that overrated... its not that great but people praise it for what it is. some people hate it because they dont like being screwed over in the ending. its a good twist movie imo , but if you dont like twist movies that totally turn 360 in the ending theres no way you can like this obviously. and if you got the twist before the end of the film, which seemed so unpredictable, then youll probably think its a stupid film. but really there is a little more to it than its twist
"When you see your own photo, do you say you're a fiction?"

Rudie Obias

Quote from: Weak2ndAct
Rudieob, table for one.

i've accepted the fact that i will always be alone because to acheive greatness one must be alone....
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

cine

Quote from: rudieob
Quote from: Weak2ndAct
Rudieob, table for one.
i've accepted the fact that i will always be alone because to acheive greatness one must be alone....
If that's how you choose to look at life, well, good luck.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Chest RockwellIn my humble opinion Pulp Fiction easily tops either of those. Jackie Brown is close, but it never had the same pinazz, for lack of a better word.

I totally agree
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

JG

I was just browsing the archives here at xixax.  I'm glad that other people here hate this movie.  I despise this movie.  This is the embodiment of everything I hate about movies.

It's terrible.  I like Kevin Spacey, too.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: JimmyGatorI despise this movie.  This is the embodiment of everything I hate about movies.

:idea: ahh, so you hate movies that are/have:

>brilliant, smart, script filled with quotable dialogue [i.e. pulp, jackie brown]

>solid acting across the board from the always underrated gabriel byrne, the unreconizable del toro, chaz in a film thats worth a shit, a fuckign baldwin and a curly hairded douche like pollack that singer pulled out their acting skills that no one thought they had [or should have], and the always cool pete postlesomething.

>directed by a guy who made the two x-men films the best comic book films....and taking on superman which everyone thinks will suck ass [including myself].  it takes balls to take on superman [and a love of money].  if singer actually makes superman retruns watchable or even good.  then we all should suck his cock.

>gorgeous cinematography....sigel also shot three kings, and copnfessions of a dangerous mind.

>an actual clever twist that no one saw coming.  including one of the best lines to end a film...

Quote from: JimmyGator
It's terrible.  I like Kevin Spacey, too.

you like spacey?  well, then i guess you have to at least admire his performance in thsi film b/c this film and american beauty are the only things on his resume that are worth a shit...  [VII doesn't count]

bottom line: [i'll use a naked analogy since i saw it recently again]saying that this film sucks would be like saying naked would have been better if sean william scott was in the lead insead of thewlis.

hedwig

Quote from: NEON MERCURYincluding one of the best lines to end a film...

agreed.

in fact i agree w/ that whole post. nicely done, NEON.

modage

Quote from: JimmyGatorThis is the embodiment of everything I hate about movies.
like what?  be specific.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

I'm with Neon and Hedwig and others who liked this movie. It's harmless and pretty good.
WWPTAD?