Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

mogwai

Stefen

Quote from: modage on April 12, 2010, 06:10:43 PM

This will be the album that will remind me of this upcoming summer for the rest of my life. I can already tell.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

Quote from: modage on March 22, 2010, 08:42:07 AM

mgmt - surfboard cat

edit: added album title.

I decided to get this even after not caring much for the debut. All the reviews said there were "no radio singles" so for whatever reason that peaked my interest. I'm glad I got it as I"m liking it so far.

One interesting thing - I'm pretty sure the lead single has some parts where it uses the exact melody for the NES game - Goonies II gameplay music. I spent hours playing that thing, so that melody is stuck in my head permenantly.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I don't really get how they wanted to go the whole "concept album with no singles" angle with this album called Congratulations featuring possibly the lamest album art ever.

Not that concept albums are impervious to being lame in and of themselves from time to time, but it seems like Oracular Spectacular stood a better chance to be a proper concept album.  Going to have to steal this and see what it's all about.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

The National - High Violet
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Dan Auerbachs voice just keeps getting better and better.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

My assholeness knows no bounds.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

RegularKarate

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

I guess the mass music media will not say anything about Emitt Rhodes' comeback until he puts out an actual album.  :yabbse-undecided:
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Neil on April 21, 2010, 10:39:32 PM
You ever hear his comments on bob dylan?

You mean about how he's a demon, but he can't hurt you?
or somethin like that

He used to live on the same block.  He seems more able to deal with the world than he did when that Doc came out.

AND he got rid of the crazy mullet.