The Virgin Spring ($39.95):
New, Restored High-Definition Digital Transfer
Audio Commentary by Ingmar Bergman Scholar Birgitta Steene
New Video Interviews With Gunnel Linblom and Birgitta Petersson
New Essay by Film Historian and Bergman Scholar Peter Cowie
New and Improved English Subtitle Translation
More!

w/o horse

Fuck what a good month that's going to be.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

So is Shoot The Piano Player coming out in February?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: WalrusSo is Shoot The Piano Player coming out in February?

December. Details at http://www.criterionco.com

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Ahh, thanks... I thought I read it was sleighted for January earlier in this thread.  

This is going to be one hell of a Christmas!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gold Trumpet

BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS GETTING SHORT CHANGED?

"Posted Today at 5:58am by Mark Edward Heuck
Terrible, terrible news from Siouxzan Perry, liason to the Russ Meyer starlets:
After months of negotiations, petitions, and often unanswered questions, Fox has decided not to enlist the participation of any surviving cast members or personnel of Meyer's BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS for its upcoming DVD release. At this time, the only extra will be the oft-mentioned Roger Ebert commentary track that had been recorded for The Criterion Collection. Criterion will not be releasing the film on their label; Fox apparently bought back the commentary when they decided to do the disc themselves.
This easily represents the mother of blown opportunities in catalog DVD presentations. Siouxzan had lined up almost every surviving cast member, plus vocalist Lynn Carey and music director Stu Phillips, and a treasure trove of photos and memorabilia, to make this the blown-out special edition which Meyer's fans have clamored for, which the UK Arrow Films DVDs have aspired to, and which we will currently never see from the current stewards of Meyer's assets (see Matt Allison's thread for those sad details). But it would appear Fox is more interested in trying to spend as little time, effort, and money possible into releasing this enduring cult classic.
The Meyer alumni are naturally very upset about this decision, and urge fans both to send polite letters of complaint to Fox's DVD division, and not to buy this barebones disc when it is released."

Gold Trumpet

mogwai

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Ravi

An actual picture of the cake might have been cooler, but I'm just glad this film is going to be out on DVD.

Gold Trumpet

Criterion Newsletter...................

Jacques Tati boxset due in 2006. Playtime confirmed with Trafic very likely.

Whit Stillman's cult favorite, Metropolitan (1990), will be released early '06 as well.

That is all.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetCriterion Newsletter...................

Jacques Tati boxset due in 2006. Playtime confirmed with Trafic very likely.

Mother fucker.

I will be broke, it is confirmed.  Becoming a prostitute and selling my body to science very likely.

CCBaxter

yeah!

i've suggested "Metropolitan" several times to Criterion.  i am psyched for this.  definitely one of my all time favorite films!

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Quote from: Pubrick

criterion has jumped the shark.

hahaha why hadn't i read this. so true.  let's wait until they release el topo and berlin alexanderplatz because i'm curious about the last one and then hope they just stop. that's the problem with collections.
context, context, context.