What did you think of Matrix Reloaded?

Started by Ghostboy, May 12, 2003, 02:23:29 PM

picolas

did anyone figure out what they were all looking at?

sphinx

i suspect it will be answered in the third film if ever

perhaps it's the source?

Sleuth

It's a poster.  They aren't looking at anything.
I like to hug dogs

sphinx

Quote from: tremoloslothIt's a poster.  They aren't looking at anything.

have you noticed the white box that's reflected in all of their sunglasses?  even in the smiths that are behind the other smiths?  and don't give me that cigar bullshit

Sleuth

Come on, it's nothing.  Maybe they're looking at the hallway.  It doesn't really matter, that's a Reloaded poster, if it meant anything, we'd know by now
I like to hug dogs

Banky

thats bullshit.  All the other movie posters, the people were looking at something specific.  Of course their looking at something.  "we would have known by now"  you sound like an asshole.  As if we all know everything about the matrix and Revelutions.

sphinx

the brothers themselves said that reflections are one of, if not the most important motif in all of the films.  i've decided to start an investigation on this matter, i'll probably get some results by the end of the weekend

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Derek

I thought it was the second-most pretentious movie ever. After the first Matrix.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Gold Trumpet

I'll give The Matrix this. It certainly works as a work of art in extending its own physical limits to discussions very wide ranging. On the other hand, this is all over analyzitation given the film operates on the level of a pure action film. Nothing else. It's characters sit around and talk their drama and I am wondering what apsect of this film can not be better garnered in a book instead? The two brothers who made this film are suppose to be experts on epic German poetry or whatever and with the worlds shown in this movie, it seems better suited for the imagination of the book. I don't believe for a second this movie really is operating for a film at all. Since the book wants to be so deep, why not just go the extra mile and do it book form and realize what movies stand for? And thats not for adding information, but elevating drama. Movies stand no chance on acting for new information.

Also, I recently read one of the brother directors (Larry) seems to be moving to get a sex change operation. I don't know the credibility of the source but the pic of him from the LA premiere of Reloaded is quite suspect considering he showed up with make up as a girl, a very feminine face and pearl earrings on and he is growing longer hair to supposebly better match a girl when the operation is completed. Right now, he is supposebly still in the stage of getting female hormones injected into his body. And he is also dating a dominatix. I thought it was funny.  

~rougerum

Xixax

Finally saw this one last night, I can now take in this thread without fear of spoilage.

After all the criticism I saw elsewhere, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I can honestly say that I was not disappointed. And, I also have to say (which may get me blacklisted here) that the dance/sex scene was - to me - the best sex scene I've ever seen on film. It was absolutely perfect in every way.

Speaking of sex, my wife has me scouring the internet for that Merovingian chocolate cake recipe. Damn. I feel so inadequate now.

Next friday night comes my second viewing... In an IMAX theater. WOO!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

©brad

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetAlso, I recently read one of the brother directors (Larry) seems to be moving to get a sex change operation. I don't know the credibility of the source but the pic of him from the LA premiere of Reloaded is quite suspect considering he showed up with make up as a girl, a very feminine face and pearl earrings on and he is growing longer hair to supposebly better match a girl when the operation is completed. Right now, he is supposebly still in the stage of getting female hormones injected into his body. And he is also dating a dominatix. I thought it was funny.  
~rougerum

hmm. weird. well depending on the validity of that source, i mean ppl talk shit, it certainly adds more mystique to the already mysterious wachowski brothers image, which is cool. i dunno, does it really matter? david lynch collects body parts. p eats babies. its all gravy to me.

Quote from: Xixax
And, I also have to say (which may get me blacklisted here) that the dance/sex scene was - to me - the best sex scene I've ever seen on film. It was absolutely perfect in every way.

i agree. i liked it even more on my second viewing. i also love the speech Morpheus gives at the beginning, with the music building up- chilling.

MacGuffin

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetAlso, I recently read one of the brother directors (Larry) seems to be moving to get a sex change operation. I don't know the credibility of the source but the pic of him from the LA premiere of Reloaded is quite suspect considering he showed up with make up as a girl, a very feminine face and pearl earrings on and he is growing longer hair to supposebly better match a girl when the operation is completed. Right now, he is supposebly still in the stage of getting female hormones injected into his body. And he is also dating a dominatix. I thought it was funny.

I don't believe it. The Brothers are keeping a very low profile, not doing any press (it's a clause in their contract) and I'm pretty sure they haven't attended any of the premieres - even at Cannes.

The domniatrix dating might be true, considering Larry just got divorced.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

I know they didn't attend Cannes, but I do they know they both attended the LA premiere. I've seen pics and talk of it on tv showing them walking the red carpet. The sources didn't directly come from Larry or the other brother, but Larry's divorced wife who is now battaling for more money in their divorce and the former husband of the dominatix who was dumped because of Larry starting an affair with his wife.

~rougerum

DavTMcGowan

I'm not a huge matrix fan but I did really enjoy the first one.  I'm still up in the air about the second one.  But today something happened that changed my mind on both films...for the worse.

I used to respect the matrix for its captivating and original storyline.  Then I saw The Truman Show again.  These guys copied so much from the Truman Show that it's almost embarrassing.  Ok, the whole living in an imaginary world, having to choose between realities thing is as old as Kant and probably older.  But that's not the only thing taken from The Truman Show.  At one point, after realizing that his world revolves around him Truman steps into traffic, stopping traffic simply by putting his up.  Hello, stopping bullets with your hand, how boringly unoriginal!!!  I know that every idea in Hollywood is borrowed from someone elses idea, but if you take away the originality of the concepts behind the matrix, all you're left with is special effects.  Does this bother anybody else?

BTW, The Truman Show is fantastic.  Guilty confession there.