What did you think of Matrix Reloaded?

Started by Ghostboy, May 12, 2003, 02:23:29 PM

Sleuth

Okay, I was playing the video game Enter the Matrix, and they have some filmed footage just for the game, but with the actors from the movies, and they use the new oracle lady

She's nowhere near as good as the old oracle  :(
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Quote from: BankyEdwardsWhat the hell happened.

For some reason, just lost interest in making a "long-winded plot synopsis."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

Do you mean Mesh killed the thread?

Sleuth

Okay, in a few months everyone's going to be complaining about the oracle, just remember, you heard it here first
I like to hug dogs

Banky

When you play the video game as Niobe and you get to the part where you have a one on one with the oracle.  She says she looks different because the Merovingian got mad at her for helping Neo and punished her by changing her appearance.

Sleuth

I know that, but what I'm saying is that the new oracle sucks
I like to hug dogs

Banky

Shes defiantly not as good but i think she gets the job done.  it will be hard to explain the change in a beleivable manor in Revelutions.

Mesh

Quote from: BankyEdwardsI dont know maybe im alone in this but to me the more you discuss and think about a movie like this, the more you appreciate it and learn from it.

I don't foresee The Matrix: Reloaded teaching me much of anything, to be honest.

And Banky:  bring up some of those issues you feel we haven't sufficiently covered.  We'll talk, I bet.

MacGuffin

Quote from: BankyEdwardsWhen you play the video game as Niobe and you get to the part where you have a one on one with the oracle.  She says she looks different because the Merovingian got mad at her for helping Neo and punished her by changing her appearance.

ORACLE: Niobe.....
NIOBE: Do I know you?
ORACLE: You know me, though you just may not recognize me.
NIOBE: Are you telling me that you are the Oracle?
ORACLE: I know this may not be easy for any of you, change never is. I wish the face you remember was the face I was still wearing, but that face is gone.
NIOBE: If you are the Oracle, tell me if I believe you are.
ORACLE: You don't right now, but you will.
NIOBE: Are you going to tell me something to make me believe you?
ORACLE: Come on Niobe, you know I can't do that.
N: Why not?
O: Because I cannot make you do anything.
N: At least you sound the same.
O: As I said, you may not recognize the face, but who and what I am underneath remains the same.
N: Can I ask what happened?
O: The Merovingian warned me, that If I made a certain choice it would cost me. He is, among other things, a man of his word.
N: What was the choice?
O: The same one you yourself will have to make: The choice to help Neo or not.
N: Then Neo is still alive?
O: Yes, he touched the source and seperated his mind from his body. Now he lies trapped in a place between your world and ours.
N: Can we free him?
O: Trinity can, but she will have to fight her way through hell to do it.
N: Can I help?
O: That's why I called you. I cannot tell you what is going to happen. All I can do is hope that if given the chance, you will find the courage to do what you can.
N: You once told me you knew everything you needed to.
O: I do. I knew everything from the begining of this path to the end.
N: I don't understand.
O: Even I can't see beyond the end.
N: The end? Are you trying to tell me the world is going to end?
O: Yes. If we cannot save it, it will end.
N: You mean Neo.
O: I mean we. The path of the one is made by the many. I have a role to play just as you have yours.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Quote from: MacGuffin
O: Yes, he touched the source and seperated his mind from his body. Now he lies trapped in a place between your world and ours.

HA!  I was right!

uh... kind of

MacGuffin

Potential DVD cover art:

There's no date announced yet for the DVD, but you can expect it to be in stores prior to the theatrical release of The Matrix: Revolutions in November.

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Jeremy Blackman

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanNah, I like the white better
yeah, u would.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffin

Was that what you thought when you saw it the first time?

My take was (well still is), that he could stop the machines because they are controlled by the matrix, and since he's the one inside the matrix, even though he's out, there's a permanent link between him and the matrix. As for why he's unconscious, not for a second thought he wasn't alive (Revolutions, Duh!) just that he is too exhausted, in a way he ran out of energy.

I personally enjoy more the films when they leave to the viewer to make up his own mind, even if one can be wrong, still I find it more rewarding because the film doesn't end there.

BTW, in my second viewing I found the dance sequence to be absolutely perfect, first time thought was too long, this one was really amazing, I wouldn't cut a second of this film.