What did you think of Matrix Reloaded?

Started by Ghostboy, May 12, 2003, 02:23:29 PM

Ghostboy

Whether or not I buy Reloaded depends on how much I like Revolutions.

Fernando

Holy crap!

October 16, 2003 — According to The Hollywood Reporter, The Matrix Reloaded has sold four million copies on DVD/video. The video/DVD were released on Tuesday. No records were broken, but retailers were nevertheless happy with sales.

edison

I read that if you have The Matrix, The Matrix Revealed(i think thats what its called), and Animatrix, then theres really no need to bother with the special bonus disc at BB, some of the same stuff is already on it.

©brad

Quote from: GhostboyWhether or not I buy Reloaded depends on how much I like Revolutions.

buy it dude. transfer is amazing, as is the sound. plus, the bonus dvd gives a good insight as to how they did all the shit, esp. the chase sequence. (i was surprised to learn how much of it was actually done on the highway, and in particular, how much driving carrie-anne moss actually did!)

Quote from: Weak2ndActHoly God.  I went to Best Buy for their midnight Matrix extravaganza in LA (the ad promised free t-shirts and prizes) and was appalled to find at 10:30PM, there was already a line around the building.  I haven't seen this madness since Star Wars (though I suspect it's b/c it was the only store advertising it).  Ended up standing in line forever, didn't get into the store 'till 12:45AM.  Yes, I like Reloaded this much.

what was going on now? there was a line just to buy the dvd?

Quote from: FernandoHoly crap!

October 16, 2003 — According to The Hollywood Reporter, The Matrix Reloaded has sold four million copies on DVD/video. The video/DVD were released on Tuesday. No records were broken, but retailers were nevertheless happy with sales.

what's 4 million times $15?

Banky

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: ©bradwhat was going on now? there was a line just to buy the dvd?

Yep, this was just to but the dvd and other matrix stuff.  That's it, the rest of the store was closed off.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: FernandoHoly crap!

No records were broken?
Does anyone know the record?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

©brad

so let me see if i got this straight.

total production costs of both movies: 300 million (roughly, and i don't think this includes marketing costs, which for both movies would probably be close to another 75 mil)
total gross of reloaded in theaters (including international grosses) $700 mil.
dvd sales in the past few days: $60 million
video/dvd rentals: ?
revolutions gross: to be determined, although i would imagine it would be atleast $700, seeing as how the majority of ppl who saw reloadeed would no doubt see revolutions. also, if it follows the trend of the lord of the rings, revolutions will make even more money. two towers made a lot more than the fellowship of the ring b/c ppl who didn't see fellowship in the theaters saw it on video and went to see two towers.

i said god damn that's a lot of $$!

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: ©bradi said god damn that's a lot of $$!

Yeah, and the strange part is that the movie is considered a *failure* by a lot of people (no, I'm not talking if it's good/bad, I'm talking finanical expectations).  The original grossed what-- like $130 million?  I don't know what these people where expecting.  It's R-Rated and over 2 and a half hours.  

Even Village Roadshow is claiming financial woes-- depsite the fact they're already into deep profit from Reloaded!  Whatever Revolutions makes is almost totally 100 profit.  This makes no sense to me.

Ghostboy

But Village Roadshow also financed Dreamcatcher and The Adventures Of Pluto Nash, among other. A couple of 100 million pics that don't even recoup the marketing expenditures can be tough to handle.

Fernando

Quote from: Weak2ndAct
Yeah, and the strange part is that the movie is considered a *failure* by a lot of people (no, I'm not talking if it's good/bad, I'm talking finanical expectations).  The original grossed what-- like $130 million?

It surprises me as well; the first one did gross $171,479,930.

Quote from: Weak2ndActI don't know what these people where expecting.  It's R-Rated and over 2 and a half hours.

Exactly. The thing is that it grossed so fast 200m that some people thought it could make easily 500m.

edison

So i rented this recently and upon second viewing i enjoyed it more. The one thing that was a surprise was how quickly the dance number went by, when i saw this in the theater it felt like 10 minutes but i clocked it and it was only 3 minutes, well actually that whole chapter was about 3 minutes. I also noticed this time around how almost everyone says to Neo "well your predecessors blah blah." i didnt catch that the first time, and seeing how the Architect tells him about neo being the 6th go around its interesting how a lot of people know about this and point this out to Neo.

What sucked about the 2-disc set was how crappy the extras were, what a waste, mostly fulff stuff that i had already seen in interviews and what not. oh well.

picolas

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mutinyco

Let this thread die. This movie was an unwatchable bore. Bad acting. Bad writing. Overused, uneffective CGI. Let it go, fellas.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe