SADDEST MOVIE MOMENT (spoilers)

Started by soylent greenish, June 11, 2003, 05:16:06 AM

NEON MERCURY

SPOILER FOR AMORES PERROS

the ones already mentioned are great but will add a few more..not mentioned.

the end of the second act..billboard.....depressing..

SPOILER FOR THE THIN RED LINE

the death of jim Chaviezel's character and..ben chaplain s cheating wife..very sad...

kotte

Don't you think scenes like the death of Bambis mother can be too powerful for kids...I mean if it gets adults to cry...

Sleuth

I was watching I Love the 70s and I was reminded of Charlotte's Web
I like to hug dogs

parenthetical guy

Cinema Paradiso - kisses montage
It's A Wonderful Life - "...to my big brother George, the richest man in town..."
The Joy Luck Club - "I see you"
ET - but not now as much as back in '82
The Elephant Man - the theatre

agree with Lorenzo's Oil, too, I don't have a strong memory (a list of people saved by the oil fading in?) of it either
"We really shook the pillars of Heaven, didn't we Wang?"

Find Your Magali

Some more:

1. End of "Lucas," when he gets the jacket out of the locker, while the whole student body, including the evil football players, is clapping.

2. End of "Same Time, New Year," when it looks like Alda Alda is walking out on Ellen Burstyn, his true once-a-year love, for good...

3. End of "Babe," when the everything goes perfectly silent as Babe herds the final sheep into the pen, and the only thing you can hear is the click of the gate shutting, and then the crowd erupts.

EDIT: Oh wait, I appear to be mixing "moments that make me cry" with "saddest moments" ... or did we end up doing that anyway? Oh jeez.....

rustinglass

Quote from: IHeartPTA
- Shawshank Redemption - when Red (Freeman) meets Andy (Robbins) in the Caribbean

actually it was the pacific. But I think that is one of the least sadest moments of the film.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Myxo

- All of Kieslowski's "Blue"

- Schindler's List: Liam Neeson says goodbye to the Jews. He looks at his car and wonders why he didn't sell it to save more Jews.

- Magnolia: Frank's breakdown at his father's bedside.

- Dances With Wolves: Those bastards kill the wolf.

Just a few.. I'm at work, and I can't think straight right now.

AK

Cinema Paradiso

Breaking The waves and L'a Strada (call me crazy but Watson's character reminds me a lot of Masina's one , so i used to connect the two and find   **spoiler**their dead too sad)

Magnolia ( the wise up moment : pretty sad to say "It's not going to stop , so just give up!")

And the sadiest movie end ever: JULES ET JIM....

Vile5

-Schindler's List: when jewish mothers see how their children are taked by germans on trucks

-Il Postino: when his wife tells Pablo Neruda that Mario Ruoppolo is dead

...i don't remember more movies maybe later
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

AK

Quote from: Vile5
-Il Postino: when his wife tells Pablo Neruda that Mario Ruoppolo is dead

I completely forgot Il postino....such a mellow movie

And I also remember The pianist....when the family has to separate from Wadyslaw in the train.

Fernando

Quote from: AKAnd I also remember The pianist....when the family has to separate from Wadyslaw in the train.

GOD DAMN SPOILER!!

Another is when the nazis throw the old man in the wheel chair out of the window, with this one your first feeling might be an incommensurable rage, but if you look at their family, you can't help but feel (rage too) but a tremendous sadness.

Banky

In Jerry Maguire when Rod Tidwell mentions Jerry in his interview with ESPN at the end.  Wow i definatly lose it every time.

AK

Quote from: Fernando

*Spoiler*

Another is when the nazis throw the old man in the wheel chair out of the window, with this one your first feeling might be an incommensurable rage, but if you look at their family, you can't help but feel (rage too) but a tremendous sadness.

All those moments in the pianist are more shocking than sad in my opinion...

**SPOILER**

Other example is that (wonderful) scene when he is walking on the street and diverting from the body of dead kid like it was a rock in the middle of the way!....that makes the movie a punch in the stomach....all the cruelty becomes routine.

MrBurgerKing

The saddest movie moments for me are the ends of good movies, when the credits come up. Because now we are getting sucked back into the realities, a reality in which sexually repressed men prey on little kiddies, a reality which includes McDonalds being the #1 fast food chain in the country. Let me reiterate that like a lawyer, because I don't think you understand, a reality which includes McDonalds being the # 1 fast food chain in the country. Let me say it one more time so you can finally understand the absurdities in it: a reality which includes McDonalds being the #1 fast food chain in the country. What the hell, this is already the worst post I've ever written, I might as well say it again: McDonalds is the #1 fast food chain in the country. And trust me, I try to forget it, but I need this as a reminder in my life, similar to why we all need Nazis in our memories. McDonalds and Nazi's are one in the same, existing for the sole purpose of destroying humanity.

Okay, if you don't understand what I'm getting at here, let me ask whether or not you think a sexually repressed pedophile should run a day-care center?

cine

Spoilers for: Monster's Ball, Magnolia, Invincible, Decalogue, Bowling for Columbine.

the ending of:
                    - Casablanca
                    - The Passion of Joan of Arc
                    - Man on the Moon
                    - Boys Don't Cry
                    - Simon Birch

Monster's Ball: Leticia's son pronounced dead
Invincible: the strongman getting the nail in his leg and having to amputate it
Decalogue: every damn movie of the complete set
Bowling for Columbine: What a Wonderful World...
Magnolia: Donnie Smith - "I really do have love to give... I just don't know where to put it..."