What did you think of Matrix Reloaded?

Started by Ghostboy, May 12, 2003, 02:23:29 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: Thecowgoooesmoooaww you guys are forum buddies...

Not a surprise that you don't have any, especially with an avatar showing how you think of us: Me - You Guys.

Quote from: Thecowgoooesmoooanyways, i cant believe you fools are defending this shit movie

It's not necessarily defending the movie. I just think it's pretty narrow minded to think that just because someone else likes a movie that you call 'shit', that based on that opinion, you think that will be their main influence and that their creative direction will follow that same path. And just because you like films with have substance (The Matrix movies do, but that's another argument), you will make better films than us and, thus, be better than us. How will others see the screen with your big head blocking it?

Quote from: Thecowgoooesmoooand plz give me some more matrix quotes to support your statements, those are just great

Neo: How 'bout I give you the finger...
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Comte de Saint Germain

Cow, stop your ridiculous arguing. You're debating and discussing nothing. Your reasons and logic are as narrow as what you claim The Matrix to have. You're just going to get stomped on for this one. Difference of opinion and taste is what makes a discussion board a discussion board.

~rougerum
The garland of the trumpet was set afire, and then I saw the aperature of the dome open and a splendid arrow of fire shoot down through the tube of the trumpet and enter the lifeless body. The aperture then was closed again, and the trumpet, too, was put away.

-Johann Valentin Andreae, Die Chymische Hochzeit des Christian Rosencreutz, Strassburg, Zetzner, 1616, pp. 125-126

©brad

couldn't have said it better me-self mac.

cowboy do me a favor and try not to post in any thread i post in. thanks.

Quote from: Cmte de Saint GermainCow, stop your ridiculous arguing. You're debating and discussing nothing. Your reasons and logic are as narrow as what you claim The Matrix to have. You're just going to get stomped on for this one. Difference of opinion and taste is what makes a discussion board a discussion board.

~rougerum

high five gt.

who woulda thought we'd be high fivin. or is that post kinda directed at me too?

Comte de Saint Germain

Quote from: ©brador is that post kinda directed at me too?

Not really. Cow started an argument with condescending words and is trying to continue it. You do say things like everyone that hates it is "gay" and such. I don't agree with that level of talk in how you see other people who didn't like it, but you weren't starting arguments. I just wish that you would see someone like me who didn't like the film still thinks it is great you want to rave on and on about how great the movie was. Maybe assholes did say bad things about in a dumb manner, but I'm trying not to. And anyways, you seemed pretty cool about everything overall anyways.

~rougerum
The garland of the trumpet was set afire, and then I saw the aperature of the dome open and a splendid arrow of fire shoot down through the tube of the trumpet and enter the lifeless body. The aperture then was closed again, and the trumpet, too, was put away.

-Johann Valentin Andreae, Die Chymische Hochzeit des Christian Rosencreutz, Strassburg, Zetzner, 1616, pp. 125-126

Thecowgoooesmooo

Now this was a great experiment to see who all the protective bitches are here.. Let me explain...

Quotei still stand tall in sayin that reloaded is badass, too badass for words. all the haters are gay. neo vs. all the agents, architecture, the rave zion party dance, flying to save ur girl, a highway chase scene to end all highway chase scenes- now dats a movie folks.

Hmmm. So, all the people who don't like the matrix are gay... And the matrix 2 is toooo badass for words... Lol. Now thats pretty fuckin outrageous.

So I decided to make my own outrageous statement...

Quoteits all style and no substance, thats not a good movie....

i hope to god you dont become a filmmaker, becuz if some of you people do, your gonna produce some terrible shit...

chris

Now, the matrix 2 being style over substance is true in my opinion.

QuoteCow, stop your ridiculous arguing. You're debating and discussing nothing. Your reasons and logic are as narrow as what you claim The Matrix to have.

I haven't even given you my reasons and logics of why the Matrix 2 is shit. If you'd like though, we can get into that. But thats a totally different subject.

Now, my second statement, yes I'll agree that it was outrageous, and it may not hold true for most of you in here, but hey, it's just as ridiculous as cBrad's statements. Which makes this extremely ironic seeing that this thread is filled with cBrad's ridiculous comments. I mean seriously, if you'd like I can search through these pages and quote all of em for ya.

Sit down hypocrite! Sit down bitch!

Quotecowboy do me a favor and try not to post in any thread i post in. thanks.

Lol nope, sorry, still not cool yet. Ill continue posting.

chris

QuoteYou're just going to get stomped on for this one. Difference of opinion and taste is what makes a discussion board a discussion board.

Hmmm you know... Thats a good point. Difference of opinion and taste is what makes a discussion board a discussion board. .....

Then why in the fuck are you complaining!!?!? Let's have a difference of opinion.

Comte de Saint Germain

Cow, read up above at my last post and see criticism brought against CBR for his posts. Thing is, a fight was started with yours against someone else and you continued to argue that in your tone of getting back at someone who was being arrogant. The person you argued with was fine in his opinions and ideas of The Matrix. Why even argue on the level of a condescending attitude with him if those words were for another?

This isn't a difference of opinion thing, though. You began to speak in words of attack mode that had nothing to do with opinion. It was all just marked in arrogance and "I'm better than you." When you get off that and begin constructively discussing the film, you can actually get somewhere in having a difference of opinion.

~rougerum

bonanzataz

HEY! no arguing with the higher ups is allowed!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Banky

Anyone have anything to say about the Matrix cause thats why i come here to post

MacGuffin

Quote from: BankyAnyone have anything to say about the Matrix cause thats why i come here to post

Okay, some things I noticed on this last viewing:

The TV sets in the Architect's room look like the TV screens watching Neo when he is captured by the Agents in the first "Matrix".

After the meeting with the Merovingian, one of the Twins blows a kiss to Trinity before the elevator doors close. Did he know that Persphone was going to ask for a kiss from Neo, and was teasing Trinity about it?

At the end, Neo knows that the Sentinels are preparing a bomb. A precursor to him "feeling" the machines?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

markums2k

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: BankyAnyone have anything to say about the Matrix cause thats why i come here to post

Okay, some things I noticed on this last viewing:

The TV sets in the Architect's room look like the TV screens watching Neo when he is captured by the Agents in the first "Matrix".

You beautiful genius, you!  You're 100% correct.  When it zooms "through" the screen, right?  Wow.

Is it November yet?

Banky

i dont mean to start a poll or anything and maybe this deserves its own thread intirely, but who thinks that Revolutions will live up to its expectations and make you understand while Reloaded may have lacked in some areas of plot?

I personally feel like it will.  The "siblings" had ample time and money to carefully cunstruct this sereis.  With their craft of story telling truly coming trough in the Matrix, than i would have to beleive that Revolutions is going to blow everyone away and truly put all the negative criticism for Reloaded to rest.  Maybe this is wishfull thinking, or maybe its an unrealistic expectation.  But for me.............................................................................................................................without hope you have nothing

Raikus

I don't have too much faith in the last movie. If you read about the evolution of the original Matrix script, you see that it was really crappy when the Bros first approached the studios with it. It was the third version that finally made it to the theaters. When I watch Reloaded, I got the feeling that this was the first unpolished version that the Bros came up with again, except there was no one above them to tell them to polish it. I think the same will be true for the final movie.

There's glimpses of genius in Reloaded, but it could have been so much more.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Weak2ndAct

QuoteIf you read about the evolution of the original Matrix script, you see that it was really crappy when the Bros first approached the studios with it. It was the third version that finally made it to the theaters.

You've got to be kidding me!  It's essentially the same damn thing, save for a few changes.  Look at the original script for 'Sydney' and the things that were deleted from there (the neverending 'crap speech,' the flashbacks, and original ending) and rewritten.  It would have hindered the film IMO, so I guess Paul doesn't know what he's doing either.

Judge the finished product, not the blueprints.

blu

Thecowgoooesmooo

I guarantee that retard can act better then Reeves.

I still wonder why they picked Keanu Reeves over William....