What did you think of Matrix Reloaded?

Started by Ghostboy, May 12, 2003, 02:23:29 PM

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

The Idiot

It is said that evil men have no songs. Why is it, then, that the Russians sing songs?

-Friederich Nietchze

Banky

There is no place around me playing it on IMAX.  I was thinking of hitting a road trip to Virginia to see it.  Has anyone seen it on IMAX and can give me a sense of the moivie on the BIG SCREEN?

MacGuffin

Quote from: BankyEdwardsHas anyone seen it on IMAX and can give me a sense of the moivie on the BIG SCREEN?

Quote from: XixaxI saw it for the second time last night, this time in an IMAX theater, and I was once again awed. The sound design, the effects - all of it was simply amazing, and the IMAX transfer was flawless.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

I know a lot of you have already spoiled Revolutions for yourselves, so, without spoiling it for me, can you say whether someone who has enjoyed parts 1 and 2 will be very pleased with the way Rev handles everything?
I like to hug dogs

©brad

Quote from: tremoloslothI know a lot of you have already spoiled Revolutions for yourselves, so, without spoiling it for me, can you say whether someone who has enjoyed parts 1 and 2 will be very pleased with the way Rev handles everything?

wait...uhh... like what? no one has seen it yet. (....... right? :shock: )

Sleuth

Aren't there more and more spoilers in another thread?
I like to hug dogs

edison

thanks for that post Macguffin, that was a really good read

Sleuth

I don't think anyone's posted this yet

Quentin Tarantino:  "I get, like, really bored with it [cgi]. In 'Titanic' it was great but now I just feel like I'm watching a video game. I don't buy it. I think it's lazy and lame. I'm supposed to be impressed because they're doing it with a computer? I'm sorry. I'm not impressed. For 'Kill Bill', we had the cream of the crop of Hong Kong and the cream of the crop of America doing it and I'm here to tell you, that's the cream of the crop! While everybody else was messing around with computers, we were doing it with real human beings! The Matrix Reloaded? I have to say I was disappointed with it. I still liked it but I loved the first one. I saw the first one 12 times, but I can't imagine sitting through the first 20 minutes of Zion ever again! Yeah, I was a little disappointed."
I like to hug dogs

godardian

Finally caught it last night at a drive-in; I enjoyed the idea of witnessing this particular cultural moment in a suitably perverse lo-fi venue.

I liked it. It was, indeed, a non-stop thrill ride. I usually don't care for those, because they're so often mindless. This wasn't mindless; in addition to the adrenalin provocations, it had some simple yet honorable and effective metaphysical/intellectual heft to it.

It'll hardly be the Film Event of the Year for me (that honor is so far reserved for bathing in the sacrosanct glow of Morvern Callar), but it surpasses passable.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sleuth

Quote from: godardian
I liked it. It was, indeed, a non-stop thrill ride. I usually don't care for those, because they're so often mindless. This wasn't mindless; in addition to the adrenalin provocations, it had some simple yet honorable and effective metaphysical/intellectual heft to it.

THANK YOU
I like to hug dogs

godardian

I generally agree with Tarantino about CGI, but I think they did a decent enough job with it in Reloaded. It didn't look so terribly phony most of the time, to me.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

©brad

Quote from: godardianI generally agree with Tarantino about CGI...

well i don't. i still do not see what the big deal is w/ ppl and the first 20 mins. of this movie. the zion parts were so fucking well done, setting the tone and stuff. morpheus and his speech? the sexy sex scene? what is not to like? and quentin with kill bill- bah. we'll see about that. just wait for revolutions, all the haters will be silenced.

MacGuffin

The Rumor Mill at Digital Bits reports that The Matrix Reloaded DVD will be released on October 28th.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls