The Dark Knight

Started by MacGuffin, September 28, 2005, 01:34:06 PM

MacGuffin

BREAKING: 'Dark Knight' Update: New Joker Pic, New Website, New Game!

New Joker photo has been uncovered on the WhySoSerious site (along with a taste of dialogue: "And tonight you're gonna break your one rule"), which leads to another site, Rory's Death Kiss ... and to what appears to be another game: http://www.rorysdeathkiss.com/
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

The Today Show visits the set:

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

time to nitpick: batman has TOO MUCH SHIT on his suit.  they should've streamlined it to be less tech-y looking, not the other way around.  and the mask looks even more oddly shaped this time.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

last days of gerry the elephant

Maybe it's just the white backdrop, but... these costumes are awfully looking like the works of Joel Schumacher. Disappointing.

Stefen

Yeah, what the fuck are they doing posing? It's makes it look so comic bookie. The best thing about Begins was how it wasn't comic bookie.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

they look like halloween costume ads.

Watchmen wins.

B.C. Long

Quote from: overmeunderyou on December 02, 2007, 06:43:13 PM
these costumes are awfully looking like the works of Joel Schumacher.

it's nothing new, but i think it looks silly because we're not used to see batman characters with a white background. i believe in chris nolan.
context, context, context.

Gold Trumpet

Well, the new suit is better than the one in Batman Begins (which looked too clunky and plain) and it is better than the mid 90s ones because the stylization to this suit is more military instead of chic. My major problem is that the mask is badly shaped compared to the rest of the costume. I'm not too worried because I could see the suit looking a lot better in the film. But I don't think I'll prefer any suit over the one in Burton's original.

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on December 02, 2007, 09:39:20 PM
Well, the new suit is better than the one in Batman Begins (which looked too clunky and plain)

If by plain you mean simplistically brilliant. I don't know, I guess he looks more "Spawn" to me now with all the unnecessary detail. The mask's awkward definition would easily disappear under low light, but the different tones, layers and bulges on the actual suit... not so easily. It doesn't bother anyone else about the contrasting tones between the cape, suit, and helmet?

Maybe you just need a reminder of the beauty that once was in Batman Begins:

= Minimal, dark, & realistic.

= ...Nolan lost it?

Gold Trumpet

No, not even the red x is convincing. In the Today Show interview, Bale said the suit was more modified to his body in this new one. You can tell because it looks smaller. The Batman Begins suit was just too big and too plain. It looked like Bale was playing a robotic version of Batman.

Also, sure different color tones, but in most dark scenes the look will be lost and everything will look dark.

Well, I hope it's less light than this scene.