The Dark Knight

Started by MacGuffin, September 28, 2005, 01:34:06 PM

Pozer

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

edison

Stefen

Quote from: modage on April 29, 2008, 08:04:34 PM
new trailer (worst quality ever): http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/177

I really wish I wouldn't have watched this. Give a better warning next time!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

cinemanarchist

As fantastic as Iron Man was, seeing this trailer before it really kept things in perspective. Iron Man is a great comic book movie and nothing more...The Dark Knight will be that something more.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

i'd like to congratulate warner brothers for  their 100th poster of this movie. keep 'em coming, boys!
context, context, context.

Fernando

Trailer for Batman Gotham Knight.

Looks good.

squints

I've just realized something. Heath Ledger's Joker is channeling Tom Waits through his voice. Listen to the joker in the latest trailer and then listen to Tom Waits telling a story in his normal speaking voice. Wow.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Knight's Joker Is A Punk

Christopher Nolan, writer/director of the upcoming Batman sequel film The Dark Knight, told SCI FI Wire that he envisioned a punk rock pioneer as his inspiration for Heath Ledger's Joker character. Nolan--whose Dark Knight cast member Gary Oldman famously played Sex Pistols member Sid Vicious in a film biography--said he had in mind Vicious' band mate Johhny Rotten when conceiving of the new Joker.

"We very much took the view in looking at the character of the Joker that what's strong about him is this idea of anarchy," Nolan said in an interview in June 2007 during a break in filming on the sequel's Chicago set, a former post office that stood in for both Gotham National Bank and a Gotham Police station.

In The Dark Knight, Gotham City police Lt. Jim Gordon (Oldman), district attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) and Batman (Christian Bale) have organized crime on the run. But they soon find themselves dealing with a new threat: a rising criminal mastermind known as the Joker (Ledger), who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and edges the Dark Knight ever closer to the line separating hero and vigilante.

Nolan said that the Joker's commitment was key. "This commitment to anarchy," he said. "This commitment to chaos. So he's not just a bank robber or an ordinary criminal who is out for material gain. His chief motivation would be that of an anarchist."

Ledger, who died in January after completing his role as the Joker, had a hand in developing certain ideas about the character late in the writing phase, Nolan said. "I talked to Heath a lot about it, even [while] we were finishing the script, and we both agreed that that is the most threatening force, really, in a way, that society faces: ... pure anarchy of someone who wants to do harm purely for its own sake and for his own entertainment," he said. The Dark Knight opens July 18.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

modage

Quote from: modage on July 20, 2006, 01:48:23 PM
LET ME JUST PRAY TO GOD ALOUD THAT THIS IS NOT TRUE>  PLEASE GOD, DO NOT PUT HEATH LEDGER IN A BATMAN FILM.  THANK YOU LORD.

11 23 months later (and 1 month to go) i just want to apologize to Heath Ledger and the Lord.  every shot of The Joker that i've seen is completely iconic.  even if this movie sucks, it's still going to be my favorite movie this year.