The Dark Knight

Started by MacGuffin, September 28, 2005, 01:34:06 PM

Kal

I wish I could be at that fucking Comic Con... I'm definitely making plans to attend next year

Pubrick

is it wrong to be bored with this movie already?
under the paving stones.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

72.4MB = 1 hour 23 minutes download time =  :yabbse-angry:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

context, context, context.

MacGuffin

No. mod used the HD Best Quality link and everybody seems to be using it.

Here's an easy to dl 9 MB version:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

that totally doesn't sound like ledger. maybe it isn't. good laugh. i'd really like to see how he moves. what i've seen of his face suggests.. umm.. not sure the right word.. drugged up in a calm way. but his voice suggests the opposite. kinda reminds me of jim carrey mixed with beetlejuice.

last days of gerry the elephant

A darker beetlejuice for sure.

Stefen

Quote from: Pubrick on July 27, 2007, 02:51:27 AM
is it wrong to be bored with this movie already?

YES. It's going to be awesome.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

The Dark Knight Footage Screened!
IGN catches scenes from the upcoming sequel... here's what we saw!

For those who've been following IGN Comics' coverage of Wizard World Chicago 2007, here's a special movie-related treat: The cast and crew of The Dark Knight — the follow-up to 2005's Batman Begins — made a special convention appearance to take questions from the fans and screen a special "sizzle reel" cut exclusively for the event. In attendance were the film's director Christopher Nolan, writers David Goyer and Jonathan Nolan, and cast Christian Bale (Bruce Wayne/Batman), Gary Oldman (Lt. James Gordon) and Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent/Two-Face).

While coverage of the Q&A can be found on this page tomorrow, we thought we'd give you a quick peek at the footage that was shown. Of the sizzle reel, Nolan noted that the production is exactly 50 percent done with filming, so he patched together what shots he had to show the audience.

Much to the joy of those in attendance, the reel showed off a number of shots of Heath Ledger as The Joker. The Clown Prince of Crime was seen in a prison cell, dramatically speaking at the camera as if scheming some sort of diabolical plot. There were also several shots of Batman and The Joker fighting in what appeared to be an interrogation room — in fact, the Dark Knight can be seen using "bad cop" interrogation techniques, throwing The Joker across a table. There is a scene of The Joker dancing with Rachel Dawes (played by Maggie Gyllenhaal), reminiscent of the way Jack Nicholson's Joker danced with Vicki Vale (played by Kim Basinger) in 1989's Batman. Finally, there are a number of shots showing a war-torn Gotham City — a machine gun-toting Joker firing toward the camera.

While Eckhart has already gone on the record with word that Harvey Dent would be making the change into the dreaded Two-Face in this film, the footage served to confirm this. A shot of Dent from behind has someone coming up to the District Attorney saying, "I thought you were dead?" Dent's reply: "Half." Massive scarring can then be glimpse on the left side of his face. A dramatic shot of a quarter spinning on a table also served to "wow" the audience. In his non-scarred form, there is a shot of Dent first meeting Bruce Wayne. "Rachel's told me a lot about you," Dent says. To which Wayne replies, "I hope not."

Not to be outdone, there were several shots of Wayne and Batman. A number of quick bursts showed Wayne testing out new gear and working on equipment. A full shot of Batman running in his new suit was shown, as was a snippet of the Tumbler in action (no noticeable changes to the supped up Batmobile were evident) and Batman riding the Batpod — a high-tech motorcycle that is said to launch out of the Tumbler.

Last but not least, there was a shot of Lt. Gordon where he appeared to be gearing up some off-camera force (Batman? other police officers?) for war. After the footage was shown, Oldman noted that he had the honor of shooting a number of scenes with the Joker and that Ledger's performance was going to "knock your socks off."

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

A ton of new pics here

admin-edited for working link

MacGuffin

*READ AT OWN RISK --- POTENTIALLY HUGE SPOILER IN HEADLINE*

Scoop: Catwoman And Joker For Batman 3 *swipe to read the spoilery part*
Source: Cinema Blend

It may seem a little early to be worrying about a third Batman movie while the second one is still filming, but if Batman Begins has taught us anything about Christopher Nolan it's that he plans ahead. Batman Begins set the stage for The Dark Knight, with references to the appearance of the Joker in the next film. It's likely that Nolan will do the same thing with The Dark Knight in setting up a third Batman sequel, and we have a surprising bit of information on who may show up in it.

One of our most reliable, long time scoopers just sent us the following tidbit: "Word is that Heath Ledger could be coming back in the next sequel which will have Two Face as the main villain." In Batman Begins, the movie's main bad guy was dead by the time the film was over. Ledger plays the Joker in The Dark Knight and if this is true then it means that he may end up surviving to torment Batman again. Assuming Heath is any good as Mr. J, I like the idea of Joker sticking around in the background of future film, making life miserable for Bats. He is after all, his chief nemesis. It makes sense for him to keep haranguing Bats.

Even more exciting than the idea that we may get the Joker in more than one movie is the identity of another villain who may be in Batman 3. According to our source, "it could also include a certain female feline as well." Bear in mind that the script for Batman 3 hasn't been written yet, so it's all just talk at this stage. But if this really is something Nolan is kicking around for a future Batman project, then don't be surprised to see a few hints at the future arrival of Catwoman in The Dark Knight.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

So Joker survives part II? I only read the first line, I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as possible.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Quote from: Stefen on September 05, 2007, 08:35:34 AM
I only read the first line, I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as possible.

good point.

i've fixed it. apologies to anyone else who read the headline which was originally not covered by the spoiler warning.

lucky for me i'm not really in love with this series.
under the paving stones.

edison

Batman special effects man killed

A special effects technician working on the new Batman film was killed when a vehicle he was in crashed while on a stunt test run.
The accident happened off-set and there was no filming taking place, movie company Warner Bros Pictures said. The victim was on a camera truck which was following a stunt vehicle, believed to have been the Batmobile. An ambulance spokeswoman said he was pronounced dead at a test track in Longcross, near Chertsey, in Surrey. Warner Bros said in a statement: "There was a fatal accident at a special effects facility for Batman: The Dark Knight. "A technician on the film died when the truck he was in struck a tree following a test run. "Warner Bros Pictures and the entire cast and crew of The Dark Knight are deeply saddened by this tragedy, and their hearts and prayers go out to the family and loved ones of the deceased." The accident, just before 1450 BST on Monday, is being investigated by Surrey Police and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). The HSE confirmed two vehicles were on a "filming production exercise".
A spokesman said: "It appears one vehicle was undertaking some stunt driving and another 4x4 provided the camera platform.
"The second vehicle and a camera operator were involved in a collision with a tree."
Batman: The Dark Knight, starring Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman, is due to be released in UK cinemas next summer.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/england/surrey/7012317.stm