Superman Returns

Started by MacGuffin, January 16, 2003, 10:28:43 AM

Ghostboy

Yeah, that's him. The pics are from this Newsweek article: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9189573/site/newsweek/

Pozer

Quote from: 72teethIs that Singer himself laying in there...cause napping on the job is not cool...
Dude, you would be too if you were directing this huge, blockbuster movie and then jetting over and guest directing King Kong.

modage

Quote from: GhostboyI swear to god, you could photoshop Max Fischer's face over Routh's in that last photo and no one would ever know the difference.
yes, he is a bit too convincing as clark kent and not as superman.  he looks a bit like a superdork, james marsden seems like a better superman by comparison.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Superman Returns Official Site & Teaser
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures November 9, 2005

Warner Bros. Pictures has launched the official website for director Bryan Singer's Superman Returns, opening in conventional theaters and IMAX on June 30, 2006.

At the site, you'll find the "Story," the cool new comic book layout of "Bryan's Video Journals," "Photos" from the film, many new "Downloads" such as Buddy Icons, Wallpapers and the Teaser Poster, as well as links to the latest "News" and "Email Updates".

ComingSoon.net has confirmed that the teaser trailer for the highly-anticipated film will be attached to Warner Bros. Pictures' Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, opening in theaters on Friday, November 18. The teaser runs one minute and thirty-three seconds.

Meanwhile, Warner Bros. will also debut the first trailer for writer/director M. Night Shyamalan's Lady in the Water with "Goblet of Fire" in theaters. The clip clocks in at a minute and fifty seconds. The latest thriller from Shyamalan opens July 21, 2006 and stars Paul Giamatti, Bryce Dallas Howard, Freddy Rodriguez and Jeffrey Wright.

The trailer for the new Harrison Ford thriller Firewall will hit theaters with Fox's Walk the Line on the 18th as well. The Warner Bros. film, directed by Richard Loncraine and coming February 10, also stars Paul Bettany and Virginia Madsen.

http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

a Teaser that runs over a minute... how much can they tease you?

They are starting to mix up the concept of a teaser, trailer, first look, etc... still want to see it... even though I'm not planning on seeing the new HP movie anytime soon!

Kal

Superman Returns Teaser Trailer Flies With "Solitude"

A WB promotion during Supernatural revealed that a trailer for next year's Superman Returns film (due out June 30, 2006) will run with Thursday night's (11/17) episode of Smallville.

SiliasRuby

Kevin Spacey Looks Badass!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

edison

Gamblour.

Wow, I didn't give a shit about Superman or this movie or anything, but that trailer just sold me.
WWPTAD?

Kal

WOOOOOOOHOOO IM EXCITED!!!

I WANT TO SEE MORE... BUT IT WAS COOL AS SHIT... JOR EL IS THE BEST

RegularKarate

*sniff*

all I really needed was that shot of the mailbox and that music.

SiliasRuby

Gosh! I mean My God, this is gonna be awseome.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

polkablues

All right.  Taking our grudges out of the "Harry Potter" thread and into the appropriate area, here's the problem I have with this teaser.  It's playing almost entirely on our collective fondness of Richard Donner's "Superman" movie, without even giving a hint of what the new movie brings to the table, besides updated FX and a dorkier Superman.  I, too, get the warm-and-fuzzies when I hear Brando's voice-over, and see the shot of the mailbox with William's score behind it... because THEY'RE TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THE ORIGINAL FILM!

Now I trust Singer as a filmmaker, and I expect I'll probably like this movie a lot.  But it really bothers me that they're banking on our nostalgia to pique our interests, rather than showing us what new, great ideas they had for the character.  A better title may have been "Superman Repeats".

And I'm sorry, but the shot of Superman floating in space looking down at the earth reminds me of that old commercial where the Indian cries when somebody litters.  There, I said it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pozer

Gotta say I agree with the polka.

RegularKarate

Quote from: polkablues on November 19, 2005, 03:53:59 PM
All right.  Taking our grudges out of the "Harry Potter" thread and into the appropriate area, here's the problem I have with this teaser.  It's playing almost entirely on our collective fondness of Richard Donner's "Superman" movie, without even giving a hint of what the new movie brings to the table, besides updated FX and a dorkier Superman.  I, too, get the warm-and-fuzzies when I hear Brando's voice-over, and see the shot of the mailbox with William's score behind it... because THEY'RE TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THE ORIGINAL FILM!
That's why it's a great TEASER!!... this is a teaser, this is just a heads up and it works.

I don't expect the trailer to be like this and if it is, then I'll be disapointed.

I think people are viewing this as a trailer, that's not what it is.