Superman Returns

Started by MacGuffin, January 16, 2003, 10:28:43 AM

MacGuffin

Penn turns evil for Superman role

Kal Penn has joined the cast of Bryan Singer's Superman movie for Warner Bros. Pictures. Penn, who starred in "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle," will play Lex Luthor's right-hand man, a genius henchman named Stanford. Kevin Spacey is playing Luthor. Penn joins a cast that includes Brandon Routh as Superman, Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, Hugh Laurie as Perry White, James Marsden as Richard White and Sam Huntington as Jimmy Olsen. Producing the film are Jon Peters, Singer and Gilbert Adler. Penn gained attention for his comedic performance in "Van Wilder."

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Yyyyyessss!!!  This movie is better already.

cine

Quote from: matt35mmYyyyyessss!!!  This movie is better already.
huh? i didn't hear you.. i was too busy breaking things in my house.

this will super SUCK.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: cinephile
this will super SUCK.

Clever?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ono

matt35mm

But dude!  He's perfect!  He's Indian!  Look at those naturally evil Indian eyebrows of his.

Stefen

i think its a good idea to cast anybody whose hot right now, this film will be like a time capsule of this exact time. its a good idea.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Myxo

Quote from: Stefeni think its a good idea to cast anybody whose hot right now, this film will be like a time capsule of this exact time. its a good idea.

I totally agree with this..

..and wow! How cool is Spacey is Lex Luther. Perfect!

I could have also seen Ben Kingsley in the role as well..

modage

things continue to get weirder....

Marlon Brando is Jor-El in Superman :saywhat:  
Source: Latino Review March 9, 2005

Latino Review has confirmed that director Bryan Singer plans on using stock footage of Marlon Brando that was originally shot by Superman director Richard Donner for Superman Returns. The character in the new film is expected to have a very minor role.

Brando and Christopher Reeve were once filmed interacting with one another to be used in Superman II, but due to a lawsuit against the Salkinds for a percentage of the sequel, the scenes were deleted and re-shot using the mother instead.

Brandon Routh stars in the title role. Warner Bros. will release the film in the summer of 2006. Brando passed away on July 1, 2004.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Posey to Play One of Superman's Foes
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Parker Posey has joined the cast of Bryan Singer's untitled Superman movie for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Posey will play Kitty Koslowski, Lex Luthor's villainous henchwoman.

Parker joins a cast that includes Brandon Routh as Superman, Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, Hugh Laurie as Perry White, James Marsden as Richard White and Sam Huntington as Jimmy Olsen.

Kevin Spacey is playing Lex Luthor. Kal Penn will portray Stanford, Luthor's right-hand man.

The script is by Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris.

Posey, whose credits include "A Mighty Wind" and "Best in Show," was most recently seen in "Blade: Trinity" and "Laws of Attraction." She also is performing in "Hurlyburly" onstage in New York.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffinPosey to Play One of Superman's Foes
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Parker Posey has joined the cast of Bryan Singer's untitled Superman movie for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Posey will play Kitty Koslowski, Lex Luthor's villainous henchwoman.

Parker joins a cast that includes Brandon Routh as Superman, Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, Hugh Laurie as Perry White, James Marsden as Richard White and Sam Huntington as Jimmy Olsen.

Kevin Spacey is playing Lex Luthor. Kal Penn will portray Stanford, Luthor's right-hand man.

The script is by Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris.

Posey, whose credits include "A Mighty Wind" and "Best in Show," was most recently seen in "Blade: Trinity" and "Laws of Attraction." She also is performing in "Hurlyburly" onstage in New York.

AWESOME!!

Very cool. I had a chance to see "House of Yes" about a year ago and loved it. She's great in all of the Christopher Guest films as well. Great casting there..

MacGuffin

Superman Returns Title Confirmed
Principal photography has finally commenced!

Warner Bros. has announced the long awaited start of principal photography on their new Man of Steel movie, now officially titled Superman Returns. Filming is underway in Sydney, Australia through mid-August for a June 30, 2006 release. Bryan Singer directs and co-produces along with Jon Peters and Gilbert Adler from a screenplay by Michael Dougherty & Dan Harris. Chris Lee serves as executive producer.

Newcomer Brandon Routh stars in the dual roles of Clark Kent and Superman. Kate Bosworth plays Lois Lane; Oscar-winner Kevin Spacey is the evil Lex Luthor; James Marsden plays Richard White; Eva Marie Saint is Martha Kent; and Sam Huntington is Jimmy Olsen. Luthor's underlings include Parker Posey as Kitty Kowalski and Kal Penn as Stanford.

"We are thrilled to have such a stellar cast starring in this exciting and innovative new chapter in the Superman legend," said Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures. "With Bryan Singer at the helm, we look forward to creating a film that electrifies audiences and deepens the rich mythology that continues to make Superman one of the most popular and intriguing superheroes of all time."

"Rather than being a remake of the original movie," Singer said, "this film explores Superman's influence on our global culture and the impact of his return to Earth after an absence of several years. It's my great pleasure to bring this new chapter of the Superman legacy to the screen with this incredible cast."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Frank Langella Tapped as Superman's Boss

Actor Frank Langella, who once chilled moviegoers as Count Dracula, has stepped into the role of Superman's boss, Perry White, in Bryan Singer's upcoming comic book adventure "Superman Returns" for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Hugh Laurie originally was cast in the role but bowed out because of a scheduling conflict with the Fox television series on which he stars, "House."

The medical drama, on which Singer is executive producer, has proved a surprise hit and was just picked up for a second season. Laurie had not yet shot any scenes on the movie, which began production March 21 in Australia.

In the Superman canon, White is the editor of the Daily Planet, the newspaper where the Man of Steel's alter ego, Clark Kent, works as a mild-mannered reporter.

In Singer's version, White has a son named Richard, played by James Marsden, who is Lois Lane's love interest.

Skeleton FilmWorks

UncleJoey

Quote from: Small Town LonerI'm getting really tired of these remakes, sequels, book-to-screen adaptations.That's one of the reasons I admire PTA

I'm surprised nobody has pointed out how funny this statement has become.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

ono

Quote from: UncleJoey
Quote from: Small Town LonerI'm getting really tired of these remakes, sequels, book-to-screen adaptations.That's one of the reasons I admire PTA

I'm surprised nobody has pointed out how funny this statement has become.
Wow, Small Town Loner.  That statement is so funny!  Ironic, too! :bravo: