Superman Returns

Started by MacGuffin, January 16, 2003, 10:28:43 AM

Finn

Let's just hope they do some creative things with this one. They did with the second Spiderman, so I'm pretty hopeful.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Pubrick

Quote from: Small Town LonerThey did with the second Spiderman, so I'm pretty hopeful.
"they" aren't making this one.
under the paving stones.

Pwaybloe

Typically giant ants aren't the greatest filmmakers in the world.  

Did you ever see "Crossroads?"  Yeah, that's not the best movie around.

Kal

Superman V is reporting that director Bryan Singer ("X-Men") is coming close to casting a villain in the upcoming "Superman" film.  Who will square off against Brandon Routh in the first installment of the new man-of-steel franchise?  UPDATE: Is there a "Superman VS Batman" in our future?

Rumor has it the first villain will be General Zod, played by Terrance Stamp ("The Limey") in "Superman 2."  Jude Law ("Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow") is the actor who is rumored to be in talks to play General Zod in Singer's update on the franchise.

If these rumors hold out--Spacey as Lex Luthor and Law as General Zod--this new unknown Superman may get lost in the A-list crowd.

Superman V is also reporting that they can confirm that Brandon Routh has signed a three-picture deal with Warner Brothers, which will involve at least two straight "Superman" films and possibly one "Batman/Superman" film.  We may see Christian Bale and Brandon Routh in a movie together before this thing is through.

Gloria

Quote from: andykUPDATE: Is there a "Superman VS Batman" in our future?

I hope not.  The only Batman/Superman idea that would work is the "World's Finest" comic/cartoon.  I bet they are just waiting to see how commercially successful the new Batman and Superman are before they start on a combined project.  I really hope they don't bother.  The characters are strong enough to stand on their own and develop their own stories (which has been proven already with prior Batman and Superman films).

Just Withnail

Quote from: Gloria(which has been proven already with prior Batman and Superman films)

Not really...

Gloria

Quote from: Withnail & GarfunkelNot really...

I thought the characters were fine on their own in the previous movies (when Batman movies added Robin/Batgirl is when they fell to peices).  I just don't think they need to team up Batman and Superman when they are both strong characters with different followings.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

El Duderino

Quote from: andykSpacey as Lex Luthor

:shock:  :laughing2:
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Just Withnail

I think the opening of Goldmember rules that rumor out...

©brad

Quote from: andyk
Superman V is also reporting that they can confirm that Brandon Routh has signed a three-picture deal with Warner Brothers, which will involve at least two straight "Superman" films and possibly one "Batman/Superman" film.  We may see Christian Bale and Brandon Routh in a movie together before this thing is through.

who the hell is brandon routh?

cine

Quote from: ©bradwho the hell is brandon routh?
One lucky son-of-a-bitch.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ©bradwho the hell is brandon routh?

The guy that takes up most of Page 12.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

"Hi, my name is Brandon Routh. I am the male version of Anne Hathaway, look at me, Stefen is.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Quote from: Stefen" I am the male version of Anne Hathaway.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!