Sin City

Started by metroshane, March 16, 2004, 06:57:43 PM

meatball

Quote from: pete
Quote from: pubrick8:30am - 1:00pm.. cry.

Quote from: Cinephile

Such beautiful poetry.

picolas

Quote from: pete
Quote from: pubrick8:30am - 1:00pm.. cry.

"EDIT"
and now it's gone.

hey! message boards kinda make time travel possible!

"Time travel will be the most destructive technology ever."
__- that guy who said

metroshane

Holy crap.  This is going to be right up my alley.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Ghostboy

I wasn't entirely impresesed by the footage that was briefly online earlier in the fall...but holy shit.

Sal

Quote from: GhostboyI wasn't entirely impresesed by the footage that was briefly online earlier in the fall...but holy shit.

I know.  If the previous footage with Hartnett is an indication of what to expect, this movie is going to be a very embarassing time.  But with this finely cut trailer, I can still cross my fingers.

Gamblour.

oh my god, I haven't been paying much attention to this movie's production, but that trailer is fucking unbelieveable, best one I've seen in a long long time.
WWPTAD?

modage

god this looks cool, but after OUATIM i am SO worried about his ability to tell a story.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

El Duderino

i must say i was quite impressed with that trailer
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Weak2ndAct

Gugino in the buff:

Myxo

How the HELL did I miss this?

:lol:

Oh my god I just creamed my pants after watching this trailer.

:shock:

Definetly on my list of films to see on opening day for 2005..

Slimepuppy

Quote from: themodernage02god this looks cool, but after OUATIM i am SO worried about his ability to tell a story.

My concerns exactly.
My faith is increased by the fact that Frank Miller is "co-directing" and maybe that'll help Rodriguez out...
Then again, the original graphic novels aren't exactly complex in their plot structure. More abour the atmosphere, visuals and characters than complicated plot-strands.

One thing that annoys me slightly... Rodgiruez doesn't need to save any more money, so he could just hire himself a real cinematographer. For this, maybe it won't be as necessary as he's working off an excellent storyboard (the Sin City source material) , but the cinematography in OUATIM was so flat. And the editing was quite mediocre as well. Shot, chopped and scored by RR himself... and boy, you can tell.

And in my book, Rodriguez has yet to make an _excellent_ movie. Hope this is what actually showcases his actual talent.
Hyvässä indie-elokuvassa tulee olla zombi, moottorisaha ja ninjoja.

picolas

Quote from: SlimepuppyMy faith is increased by the fact that Frank Miller is "co-directing" and maybe that'll help Rodriguez out...
Quote from: imdbRodriguez, who credits Miller's visual style in the comic as relevant as his own in the film, insisted that Miller receive a "co-director" credit with him. The Directors' Guild of America would not allow it. As a result, Rodriguez resigned from the DGA, saying "It was easier for me to quietly resign before shooting because otherwise I'd be forced to make compromises I was unwilling to make or set a precedent that might hurt the guild later on." Unfortunately, by resigning from the DGA, Rodriguez was also forced to relinquish his director's seat on the film John Carter of Mars (2006) (at the time "A Princess of Mars" after the book on which it was based) for Paramount. Rodriguez had already signed-on and been announced as director of that film when the DGA situation took place, planning to begin filming soon after wrapping this film.

Raikus

Good for him. Sticking to what he believes is right over self-preservation. I think he's more comfortable shooting small budget movies anyway, so it may be a torpedo effort on purpose.

Still though, major kudos and respect.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Gamblour.

Awesome, I've always wanted to see Gugino naked since Snake Eyes
WWPTAD?

Myxo

(Been mentioned I know, but a bit more information..)

Tarantino Confirmed for Sin City

Variety has confirmed that Quentin Tarantino has directed part of Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's big-screen adaptation of the latter's Sin City graphic novel series.

So how much did it cost to hire QT? Precisely one dollar. That's reportedly the same amount Tarantino paid Rodriguez to score Kill Bill Vol. 2.

The trade says "Tarantino filmed a scene in the final segment featuring Clive Owen, Benicio Del Toro and Brittany Murphy."

He also went to Sin City's Austin set "because he wanted to sample the digital filmmaking techniques Rodriguez used."

__