The Big Lebowski

Started by kotte, August 27, 2003, 09:27:19 AM

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum
Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumI bet you didn't get anymore confused than Birdy.

I don't think she knew about Eds hornyness...but maybe she did...female intuition is like a pair of eyes on the back.

It's amazing, Ed is crazy for not wanting to receive oral treatment. Reverse it and Ed would still be the maniac for wanting to give Birdie the same thing...It's a gender thing...eh...

Ed is just a strange gentleman.

Emotionally empty...

Who's not big on parties...
Si

coffeebeetle

Sorry guys, but I'm trying to get a handle on this...

Ed actually did have a boner in that scene?
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: coffeebeetleSorry guys, but I'm trying to get a handle on this...

Ed actually did have a boner in that scene?

He did. You can see it briefly in a scene where Birdy is playing the piano at her house and Ed is sitting listening to her play.
Si

Newtron

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumHe did. You can see it briefly in a scene where Birdy is playing the piano at her house and Ed is sitting listening to her play.
That's just the fold in his pants, you know, like Larry David's.

meatwad

Quote from: NewtronThat's just the fold in his pants, you know, like Larry David's.

are you referring to the episode with the little girl's doll head?

kotte

I don't think she knew about Eds hornyness...but maybe she did...female intuition is like a pair of eyes on the back.

It's amazing, Ed is crazy for not wanting to receive oral treatment. Reverse it and Ed would still be the maniac for wanting to give Birdie the same thing...It's a gender thing...eh...

Emotionally empty...

What would happen to Ed if filled with alcohol?

How can a person just not care about the life he's living? What makes him not care?

Newtron

Quote from: Meatwadare you referring to the episode with the little girl's doll head?
Yes.

ElPandaRoyal

Emotionally empty...

How can a person just not care about the life he's living? What makes him not care?

I always think about Ed on alcohol or drugs. That would be... weird.

As for him nor caring about his own life, I think it happens to a lot of people. It becomes routine and it gets to a point when we just don't care. He just cuts the hair. Then, he sees dry cleaning and Birdy as chances to do something good with his life. That would make him care again, I think...
Si

kotte

Emotionally empty...

I always think about Ed on alcohol or drugs. That would be... weird.

As for him nor caring about his own life, I think it happens to a lot of people. It becomes routine and it gets to a point when we just don't care. He just cuts the hair. Then, he sees dry cleaning and Birdy as chances to do something good with his life. That would make him care again, I think...

I guess you're right...that's why he put himself through all that. The possibility of a better life.

He's in the audience and his life is the movie...he's an observer.

ElPandaRoyal

And he is a modern man.
Si

kotte

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumAnd he is a modern man.

He is the modern man.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumAnd he is a modern man.

He is the modern man.

Exactly. My bad.
Si

kotte

I think we've milked this thread for what is had to offer...  :?

Sleuth

Quote from: Newtron
Quote from: Meatwadare you referring to the episode with the little girl's doll head?
Yes.

I thought you meant the episode about the Pants Tent
I like to hug dogs

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: kotteI think we've milked this thread for what is had to offer...  :?

Yeah.... and it is about Lebowski and not Ed...
Si