Watchmen

Started by MacGuffin, July 23, 2004, 03:00:02 PM

Kal

Quote from: private witt on January 29, 2009, 02:59:09 PM
Understood. 

I was just playing brother. But if you have more posts that MacGuffin in a week our server will crash.

private witt

El ohh el.  Does he actually write all those or is copying and pasting his lady of the night?
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Stefen

Macguffin makes it so that we don't have to visit any other site on the web to get the news we want.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

private witt

Quote from: Stefen on January 30, 2009, 11:10:26 AM
Macguffin makes it so that we don't have to visit any other site on the web to get the news we want.

It really is nice.  I love the irony of that name: MacGuffn.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

dammit. that's one of my favourite scenes in the book and he did it exactly the way i thought he would. 100% heroic. not a trace of awkwardness. :yabbse-sad:

MacGuffin

Watchmen will come in long, extra-long and really extra long
Source: SciFi Wire

When Watchmen hits theaters on March 6, it will run about 2 hours and 37 minutes. But that will be only the first of several versions of the movie, which is envisioned for eventual home-video release on DVD and Blu-ray disc, director Zack Snyder and his wife/producer, Deborah Snyder, told reporters on Wednesday in Beverly Hills, Calif.

After the theatrical and IMAX release of the movie will come a "director's cut" home-video release, which restores scenes cut from the theatrical release and will run about 3 hours and 10 minutes, Zack Snyder said in a group interview. "There's a lot more like just connective tissue," he said.

"The 3-hour director's-cut version ... will be released actually as the first release of the DVD, probably around Comic-Con of this year [in July]," Deborah Snyder added.

Next will come a Blu-ray release that will have a special feature in which Zack Snyder pops up in video boxes on demand during a scene to illustrate the behind-the-scenes process of making the shot. "It's like a director's commentary, but it's actually him, and there's all these, like, boxes, right?" Deborah Snyder said. "They'll play the movie, and he'll point to a scene, and then they'll deconstruct the scene on all these monitors behind him ... where you can see, you know, the green-screen version of it, or, ... if it's Dr. Manhattan, you can see some great effects."

Accompanying the March theatrical release is the DVD release of the companion animated movie Tales of the Black Freighter, an adaptation of Watchmen's comic-within-a-comic.

Finally, in the fall will come the "ultimate Watchmen cut," which will interpolate the Black Freighter into the movie, much as the graphic novel incorporates it into the book's narrative, including special scenes shot to take viewers into the animation and out of it again. That version could run as long as 3 hours and 25 minutes, Zack Snyder said. "It's pretty ginormous," he added.

"[For] that version of the movie, ... when we were up there [in Vancouver], we physically shot the ins and outs scenes at the newsstand that go into the movie," Zack Snyder said. "There's ... scenes where our characters pass the newsstand, and then we pick up action at the newsstand that gets us into ... The Black Freighter. And then ... shots where you, like, go into it, and then it comes to life, and you start following the Black Freighter story. And then come back into the movie."

And after that? Special commemorative packaging? Discs packaged with the graphic novel? "I know that they're planning a lot of things," Deborah Snyder said. "And I did see—I'll share it—I did see these, like, crazy Rorschach cases and Owl Ship cases that may come. I mean, it's kind of insane, some of the things. ... There's also some other material. There's a really great documentary that we've been working on ... that talks about vigilantism, and it talks about [real] people, ... like, it talks about Bernhard Goetz, and it talks about the Guardian Angels, and it talks about also some people that are dressing up and going out and fighting crime, like in the country, like, that's what they do. Like, one's a bounty hunter. It's pretty interesting. So there are some fun things."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

VERY SPOILERY RUMOR/SPECULATION ABOUT MOVIE'S ENDING

i've been hearing that snyder has removed the squid from the ending of the book and replaced it with a series of bombs or something boring like that. what the fuck? i felt like i was believing an idiotic rumor, and then i saw this:

"The fans, god love 'em, they're all up in arms about the squid," said Snyder. "What they should be up in arms about are things like shooting the pregnant woman, 'God is real and he's American', whether THAT'S in the movie. That's my point of view, maybe I'm crazy."

"The squid was not in the movie when I got the script, the squid was never in any draft that I saw," continued Snyder. "My point is only that there was this elegant solution to the squid problem that I kind of embraced. I'm a fan of the thing as much as anyone, I was saying what are we going to do about this before I even read the script."

more here http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/11/10/zack-snyder-confirms-watchmen-ending-to-be-changed/

this is a bunch of bullshit. it doesn't matter if it's a joke because even if he DOES include the squid, the movie is still going to end with the soul-crushing sounds of MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE COVERING BOB DYLAN'S DESOLATION ROW.

fuck this movie.

samsong

Quote from: modage on February 18, 2009, 09:57:35 AM
90 sec clip: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/article2246642.ece

as bad as i'm expecting this to be, that scene makes me feel worse about the money i'm inevitably going to spend to see it. 

modage

agreed.  midnight imax here i come!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

This flick was doomed from the beginning. It was especially doomed once it was confirmed it was being helmed by a hack who values style over substance.

I predict it'll win a lot of MTV Movie Awards so it's got that going for it at least.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

Rorschach in action

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 19, 2009, 10:32:50 AM
Watchmen will come in long, extra-long and really extra long

No shit, 95% of every damn thing I've seen is in slo-moe...

Stefen

Ghostboy

I don't know if it'll be good, but I think Snyder's a better choice than either Aronofsky or Greengrass. With the exception of excessive slow motion, I think it'll be as good an adaptation as it probably could be (excepting an HBO mini-series), and I'm fine with the lack of squid too.

Kal

This will probably suck and I'm sick of it already... too many ads everywhere...