X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Started by MacGuffin, July 03, 2006, 12:14:28 PM

MacGuffin

60 second ad #2:

60 second ad #3:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Early look: Jackman digs his claws into 'Wolverine'
By Scott Bowles, USA TODAY

Hugh Jackman has a bit of advice for anyone planning on hosting the Academy Awards: Don't drop Anne Hathaway.

Jackman, who began last month's ceremony with a six-minute musical number that included whisking the actress onstage, says that after the opening act, "I was able to relax; I knew we were going to be OK after that. But when we were planning that whole thing for live TV, it was a bit tense."

Jackman has been ratcheting up the tension lately. After his first stint as Oscar host, he turns his attention to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which opens May 1. The fourth installment of the comic-book adaptation finds Jackman wearing not just the steel claws of the title character, but also the producer's hat.

Jackman says that while he has always been grateful for the franchise's success — it has grossed more than $1.1 billion and cemented his leading-man status — he has disagreed with the development of Wolverine's character over the years.

"I'm not mad about it, but I thought he had gotten a bit soft," Jackman says. "I thought we had gotten away from the essence of who Wolverine really is: a bad (dude) who wants to live his own life."

Jackman says he decided to tackle producing because he wanted "to own up to the responsibility of this character. I wanted to put myself into this movie in every way possible. This is the movie that I've seen in my head for a long time."

Wolverine looks at the origins of the beast with anger-management issues, plus several of his mutant colleagues, including Sabretooth (played by Liev Schreiber), Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds) and Gambit (Taylor Kitsch).

Jackman says he fell in love with the Wolverine character a decade ago for much the same reason fans embrace the comic books.

"The character has always reminded me of Dirty Harry or Han Solo," Jackman says. "He's a good guy, not a nice guy. He's got a lot of flaws, which I think is what people find so attractive about him and the X-Men. He's struggling with who he is and what he wants. He was one of the comics' first anti-heroes."

Not that Jackman is only about playing the rebel. He says that he'd be up for another Oscar ceremony and that hosting three straight Tonys and performing numerous plays has honed his ad-lib skills in case he fumbled a starlet.

"I'd have a clever line ready for the audience," he says. "And her agents."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2009-03-04-wolverine-early-look_N.htm

New Trailer
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pas

Major stinker. Just downloaded this (pm me for a link if you really need it) and couldn't finish it, seriously it's that terrible. I watched a whole hour just to see if it would lead somewhere eventually, it didn't. The dialogue is straight out of a lame 90's comic book.

Worst superhero movie since the rebirth of the genre. It's fucking terrible, really.

Sleepless

I'm so over comic book/superhero movies.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

MacGuffin

Fox's 'Wolverine' leaks online
Early rough cut of 'X-Men' film hits the web
Source: Variety

A version of 20th Century Fox's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," which bows May 1, has leaked online, exactly one month before the opening.

Fox execs first heard about the breach at about 7 p.m. last night and began assessing the damage. A Fox source said the leaked version is an early rough cut, with temporary sound and music and a darker appearance than the finished footage.

Fox said they will pursue the breach as aggressively as possible with the help of the MPAA, FBI and local law enforcement.

The studio will be releasing a statement shortly.

"Wolverine" is a spinoff from the three "X-Men" films, and fanboy anticipation has been high.

Though films are commonly leaked on the Internet, the breach often occurs on the day of the film's bow, thanks to someone camcording the film inside a theater.

It's been a long time since such a high-profile film hit the Internet so far in advance and again raises the question of insider leaks; a few years ago, studios and post-production houses took elaborate precautions to prevent this.

The big question is the effect on the film's box office. Some Internet fans argue that they will illegally download a film but still go to see it on the bigscreen. If Internet word is positive, that will help. But if word of mouth is negative, it could hurt the film's boxoffice potential.

Hugh Jackman stars in the Gavin Hood-directed film.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pas

yeah some special effects aren't even finished yet, it's pretty funny actually.

MacGuffin

Confirmed: Fox fires Roger Friedman
'Wolverine' review caused major controversy
Source: Variety

The weekend-long guessing game over the fate of entertainment blogger Roger Friedman is over: Friedman has parted company with Fox News after a controversial post in which he reviewed a leaked, incomplete version of 20th Century Fox's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

In a statement issued Monday afternoon, Fox News said: "Fox News representatives and Roger Friedman met today and mutually agreed to part ways immediately. Fox News appreciates Mr. Friedman's 10 years of contributions to building FoxNews.com and wishes him success in his future endeavors. Mr. Friedman is grateful to his colleagues for their friendship and support over the past decade."

Friedman's "Wolverine" item, which was posted on Thursday, drew instant fire from the blogosphere for what was seen as a tacit promotion of the download and review of stolen material. It was particularly bothersome to News Corp., the parent company of both Fox News and 20th Century Fox, because the studio could potentially suffer millions of dollars in lost box office receipts due to the illegal leak of the May 1 release.

Still, it appeared over the weekend that Friedman -- a top traffic draw for the news site -- might have escaped with his job intact. While News Corp. released a statement Saturday night saying that Friedman had been "terminated," a Fox News statement issued Sunday was noncommittal and dubbed the incident "an internal matter that we're not prepared to discuss at this time."

But Fox News' Monday statement put to rest any question of Friedman's fate with the news operation.

Friedman didn't immediately respond to an email seeking comment.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Now I wish that copy I tried to DL hadn't been gone... this poster makes me really want to see it.

Stefen

It was terrible. I mean really really bad.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

poor Hugh Jackman.  i never had any interest in a spinoff to begin with but he seems like a nice dude and it's cool he was throwing the fanboys a bone here with this movie that he hoped didn't suck. but then it did.  and everyone saw that for 0$.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Jefferson

Quote from: Stefen on April 13, 2009, 02:43:52 PM
It was terrible. I mean really really bad.

that's a really polite way of phrasing it.

Pas

it's actually very strange how bad it is. Maybe this debacle will be fortunate after all and they will be able to make changes  :(

if they don't this will end up in the IMDB bottom 100 for sure...

Gamblour.

You guys are over exaggerating, right? That bad?
WWPTAD?