Hitch

Started by MacGuffin, October 21, 2004, 09:24:34 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: February 11, 2005 (wide)

Cast: Will Smith (Alex "Hitch" Hitchens), Eva Mendes, Kevin James, Michael Rapaport, Ato Essandoh, Amber Valletta, David Wike, Julie Ann Emery, Robinne Lee, Casper Andreas, Jeffrey Donovan, Maulik Pancholy, Rebecca Mader, Alexander Skarsgard, Philip Bosco, Amro Salama, Darrell Foster, Kevin Sussman, Marlyne Afflack

Director: Andy Tennant (Sweet Home Alabama, Anna and the King)

Screenwriters: Kevin Bisch, Jessica Bendinger, Babaloo Mandel, Lowell Ganz

Premise: A professional matchmaker's program is threatened by a female journalist who enrolls as a student and plans on publishing an exposé on his fradulent methods.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

So much for a Hitchcock biopic.  :cry:

ono

Quote from: In a PM to Cinephile, ono. neverI WAS GONNA SAY THAT YOU BASTARD!
Um.  Yes.  Instead of Hitch's life we get ... well, winter trash.

modage

i was also thinking 'hitchcock biopic', especially since mac posted it.   :?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

Okay well then I'm either more quick-witted or I'm disgustingly unoriginal.

Either way I won because I posted first.  8)

Cinephile - 1
The world - 0

ono

Saw a commercial for this over 24 Season Premiere.  Looks horrible, of course.  Don't screen near an open flame.  It's this year's Welcome to Mooseport.  Sucks that just when the good movies are heating up, the bad ones get dumped into theatres as well, so no one really notices.  The days where it seemed as if Will Smith would ever be a respectable actor are a memory or a dream.  And the guy from King of Queens is in there, too.  Not that I've ever seen that, or wanted to watch that, but yeah, the parallels to Romano (but not so much Hackman) are obvious.  Not in the premise, but the style you'd expect.

Gamblour.

I thought it looked pretty fuckin funny.
WWPTAD?

Two Lane Blacktop

I saw a trailer for this before "The Life Aquatic..."

It looked painful.  

I admit I'm till nursing a grudge against Will Smith for ruining "I, Robot" but even taking that into account, it looked painful.

2LB
Body by Guinness

matt35mm

Oh my no, this looks bad.  But I'd like to defend Kevin James a bit.  He's not going to be good in this movie because the movie looks truly awful.  It also looks sloppily put together.  Anyway, Kevin James is funny, I think.  Better than Ray Romano (although I like older episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond).

Myxo

Basically, anything with Will Smith attached to is is destined for failure. That guy, for all of the money he already has, sure chooses shitty scripts.

Stefen

OMG!!! LOL!!!!oneone
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

Quote from: MyxomatosisBasically, anything with Will Smith attached to is is destined for failure. That guy, for all of the money he already has, sure chooses shitty scripts.
That's hard to argue with, but The Fresh Prince of Bel Air was one of the greatest things to ever grace the TV screen.

modage

Quote from: Two Lane BlacktopI saw a trailer for this before "The Life Aquatic..."
i actually saw this trailer twice.  once before oceans 12, people were practically rolling in the aisles, and a second time before the life aquatic, the theatre was silent.  i give group B credit, although they did start to laugh when they almost kissed.  :yabbse-undecided:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: Two Lane BlacktopI saw a trailer for this before "The Life Aquatic..."
i actually saw this trailer twice.  once before oceans 12, people were practically rolling in the aisles, and a second time before the life aquatic, the theatre was silent.  i give group B credit, although they did start to laugh when they almost kissed.  :yabbse-undecided:

Now that is cool...  we all know that different flicks are aimed at different audiences, but getting to see it played out in a side-by-side comparison like that is great.  

Now, it makes me wonder, WHY were they running that trailer before a Wes Anderson movie in the first place?  

2LB
Body by Guinness

Gamblour.

Did anyone like this trailer? I seriously thought it was really funny. It seems like a really interesting idea.
WWPTAD?