Closer

Started by metroshane, August 05, 2004, 11:45:17 AM

Stefen

shes a stripper, shes abusing him everynight. obviously the only thing Jude Law liked about Portman was her body, as he didn't see much to her outside a physical sense, hence the reason he went after Julia Roberts. He could get more from her, physically and mentally. So when Natalie was out giving up the milk for free (plus tips) every night, she was giving away the only thing Jude Law liked her for, it was only a matter of time before it all ended. Never date a stripper man, never.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Thrindle

She was a waitress first.  She gave up that life for a new one.  He fucked around on her, she needed to make ends meet.  Men like to watch naked women, women get rich off of it.  Jude Law came back, HELL YEAH she wouldn't switch professions for that snivelling bitch.
Classic.

Quote from: flagpolespecialjust out of curiousity has anyone had the line 'no one will ever love you like i do' said to them?
yes, and i have also said it. it is as meaningless and irrelevant as all related affectionate infinitives.

NEON MERCURY

thrindle and mod,

thanks for the insight.  sorry for the late reply-been busy. :doh:

Ultrahip

finally saw this. has anyone mentioned how fucking hilarious it is too? i mean, obviously it is an intense romantic tragedy, but there is some wonderfully dark comic bits. And I love the look on jude law's face when he tries to figure out if he's pleased or upset about another man wanting to fuck him. clive "now fuck off and die, you fucked up slag" owen ruled, especially his parting words to jude. not enough can be said about natalie portman. julia roberts was probably the least effecitve but she did well. just not on par with the others.

ASmith

Just saw this masterpiece for a fourth time.  I wonder if Rep. Mark Foley has ever used "London Sex Anon."

Neil

I was just browsing and, i think that this film is one of the most honest, and truthful films, I've ever been able to watch...i really can't even put it into words, we always want what we can't have, and Patrick Marber has an amazing outlook on love...that is my thought jumble for now.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.