Super Size Me

Started by MacGuffin, April 19, 2004, 03:57:22 PM

pete

that guy was lame when I saw his doc and he just got a bit lamer.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

squints

Quote from: Ravi on April 17, 2005, 04:53:28 PM
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-25836/

Morgan Spurlock ("Super Size Me") has scored a pilot commitment from the cable channel for a new one-hour documentary series that plants an individual for 30 days in a completely different lifestyle, whether religious, economic or ethnic.

Show Information
First Aired   June 2005
Status   New Series (Premiering in June on FX)
Classification   Reality
Country   United States
Network   FX

Show Stars    
Morgan Spurlock - Host

Show Crew
John Landgraf - Executive Producer
Morgan Spurlock - Executive Producer
John Landgraf - Creator

Quote from: The Disco Kid on June 21, 2004, 11:57:33 PM
I'm waiting for a guy to make a movie where he has nothing but a pint of hard liquor in place of each meal for a whole month. Now that would be entertaining to watch.

There was an episode of this where a stay at home mom married to a rich lawyer (go figure?) tries to convince her daughter (who's the epitome of stupid spoiled sororiety whore) that binge drinking can really effect your life. So the mother decides to get shitty hammered drunk every day for a month. In the end her daughter didn't learn the lesson and the mother turned into a lush. Great television!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

if you want a decent anti mcdonalds documentary , watch McLibel directed by some person and ken loach. it follows the mclibel guys from almost the begging till the day they won at  europarliament. it's not mindblowing but it's interesting in the same way 'the smartest guys in the room' is.
context, context, context.