Super Size Me

Started by MacGuffin, April 19, 2004, 03:57:22 PM

Ravi

Well, of course.  The fast food restaurants are trying to get teenagers to stuff their gullets with burgers and fries.  Numb young minds with crappy TV and fast food.

The seeming obviousness of the film's point has kept me from seeing the film so far.  Is anything mindblowing revealed?

Ghostboy

Quote from: RaviThe fast food restaurants are trying to get teenagers to stuff their gullets with burgers and fries.  Numb young minds with crappy TV and fast food.

That's exactly what I found most potent in the film; sure, I already knew about the evils of fast food's coporate strategies, but I think its always helpful to have these things visualized -- especially for people who don't see anying in fast food other than a tasty meal.

Technically, since I'm already very anti-fast-food, I didn't need the movie to prove any point to me; but I still found it informative.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

MTV and VH1 refuses to inform and possibly save the lives of many teenagers?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Weird. Oh

I don't know why anyone would be the least bit surprised by this. MTV has already caused the attention span of millions to dwindle while helped to dilute talent in music because of the impetus put on image. MTV is evil.   :evil:
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

While MTV is evil, it has done great things for artists like a main source of watching music videos and being a nice source of finding new music.

MTV has become outdated, however, with the dawn of the internet and shows like Real World/Road Rules Inferno.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pedro

Quote from: WMTV and VH1 refuses to inform and possibly save the lives of many teenagers?
yeah, because teenagers don't understand that fast food is not health food.  yeah, mtv is the devil

indiana

Quote from: anditokI read about this guy... pretty smart thing to do...
..so it smart to eat nothing but fast food? hrm...
intresting..
peace
SONIC BOOM!

Pubrick

indiana.. pretty smart fella..
under the paving stones.

indiana

Quote from: Pubrickindiana.. pretty smart fella..
no no. just being  a smartass
peace
SONIC BOOM!

Ravi

El Duderino

i saw this earlier and thought it was a great documentary...i really liked the hippie who eats 2 big macs a day....hilarious
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Ravi

This is funny from The Onion this week:

Michael Moore Kicking Self For Not Filming Last 600 Trips To McDonald's

foray

Quote from: MrBurgerKingIf Mc had their way they'd cover the moon with a Mc-ad for everyone to see.

You've seen Culturejam, haven't you.

foray
touch me i'm sick

The Disco Kid

saw this one tonight. Same goddam message hammered into the audience for an hour-and-a-half( which seemed much much longer, by the way). No surprises, it just illustrated in mind-numbing detail what 99.9999% of us already know: Eating at McDonalds 3 times a day for a month is really shitty for you.

I was really letdown by how un-fat he was at the end. I was expecting him to turn into a real blimp, but he still looked pretty fit...what a gyp!

I'm waiting for a guy to make a movie where he has nothing but a pint of hard liquor in place of each meal for a whole month. Now that would be entertaining to watch.

Sleuth

I ate at McDonald's today for the first time in years.  I super sized.  8)
I like to hug dogs