War Of The Worlds

Started by MacGuffin, March 17, 2004, 01:02:10 AM

Gamblour.

That's exciting...I read the book when I was a kid, or I read most of it. The community aspect was so important, I hope Spielberg sticks to that.
WWPTAD?

RegularKarate

Great teaser... I hope he doesn't over cheeze it because this one looks like it could be really good... it also looks kinda eightiesish in a cool way.

Alethia

what an awesome teaser, i'm so excited to see this

Sal

Quote from: RegularKarateGreat teaser... I hope he doesn't over cheeze it because this one looks like it could be really good... it also looks kinda eightiesish in a cool way.

Yeah!  It totally does.  Felt like there were some Poltergeist vibes here.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Sal
Quote from: RegularKarateGreat teaser... I hope he doesn't over cheeze it because this one looks like it could be really good... it also looks kinda eightiesish in a cool way.
Yeah!  It totally does.  Felt like there were some Poltergeist vibes here.

With a dash of Close Encounters too.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mutinyco

He's so fucking shrewd!

Aside from Poltergeist & Close Encounters... looks like he's taking the global apocalyptic terror initiated by 28 Days Later and mixing it with the epic scale that only modern CGI offers (TLOTR). He's once again co-opting what's out there and staying a step ahead.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

©brad

mutinyco

Am I the only one sensing its political subtext...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

edison

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

that looks like a monty python poster.

Dtm115300

the teaser is really cool. The pics i've been seeing reminds me of Independce Day.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: Dtm115300The pics i've been seeing reminds me of Independce Day.

That can't be a good thing, can it?

I mean, it would be a bit of directorial misstep if, say, Spielberg ends War of the Worlds with Randy Quaid crashing his plane into the alien ship, while Tom Cruise cheers him from the ground.

Alethia

alot of people consider his endings directorial missteps.  sadly, alot of people consider every one of his films directorial missteps.

Dtm115300

Quote from: Find Your Magali
Quote from: Dtm115300The pics i've been seeing reminds me of Independce Day.

That can't be a good thing, can it?

I mean, it would be a bit of directorial misstep if, say, Spielberg ends War of the Worlds with Randy Quaid crashing his plane into the alien ship, while Tom Cruise cheers him from the ground.

Well i was thinking that the photo of Tom and the extras looking stright ahead most likely at an alien ship. Kinda looks like the same scene from Indep-d.