The Matrix Xix Fix Fest

Started by picolas, November 02, 2003, 04:18:26 PM

picolas

:!:

A heads-up: Xixax.com will be sitting down to watch the Matrix films starting Monday as a sort of countdown to Revolutions (suggested in that other thread)..
Date: The Matrix: Monday, November 3rd
                  Reloaded: Tuesday, November 4th
Time: 9:00pm (central time)

i leave you now with a re-run of our other explanitory thread, already in progress..

:arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:    

QUESTIONS:
• I don't have (film name). Can I still participate? If you don't have the movie we're going to watch, there's probably still time for you to purchase, rent or borrow it. Everyone is welcome, whether you're watching the film with us or not.
• I don't understand. Are you watching the movies online? No. That would be public exhibition, which would be illegal. The way it works is that everyone watches DVD or VHS of the films in their own home, on their own TV, in their own DVD player or VCR. The films can't be shown online legally.
• You're a freak. Why are you doing this? Because someone at xixax.com suggested it, and I thought it would be a lot of fun.
• I still think you're a freak. OK then.

CHAT TECHNICAL STUFF: The chat area can be joined with our Java applet by clicking on "chat" at the top of the page. You'll need to have Java enabled in your web browser in order for this to work. Also, if you're behind a firewall, you may need to poke a hole for port 6667 in order to connect. Those familiar with IRC can join via any IRC client program by joing to room #xixax on server blazoner.com at port 6667.

See you there!

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Weak2ndAct

Awesome, glad my suggestion was not overlooked:wink:

Now I guess the question is if anyone will show up.  I'll definitely be there both nights.

Banky

ShanghaiOrange

I get to see Revolutions on Tuesday. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Derek237

The Matrix was on TBS Superstation last night, like 3 times. And I watched it even though I have the DVD. It's on AGAIN tonight, and AGAIN tomorrow night on the same station. Yet I can't get enough, I'll be there. But I refuse to watch those other ones.

markums2k

Quote from: Derek237The Matrix ... AGAIN ... and AGAIN ... But I refuse to watch those other ones.

Bah!  I yawn at your derogatory statement towards the new films.

I will be there... even though someone stole my copy of The Matrix, and I've already rented but haven't purchased Reloaded.

Derek237

Ah, waddeva.

When the hell is 9 PM Central anyway? Half hour from now, or what?

edison

Quote from: Derek237Ah, waddeva.

When the hell is 9 PM Central anyway? Half hour from now, or what?

its an hour and a half away from now.

Derek237

Shit. Might as well watch it on TBS.  :x

Banky

Derek237

I can't connect anyway. Says I've been banned for misconduct or something..... :?

Sleuth

Quote from: Derek237I can't connect anyway. Says I've been banned for misconduct or something..... :?

You must be on AOL or some other ISP who has very naughty members on that server

I can't connect to the server and I don't know why, it doesn't give me a reason
I like to hug dogs

picolas

what happened to everybodeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!!?!

©brad

im trying to get into the chat but i'm getting a 'no ident response' message. wtf?

i want to chat damnit!