Love Actually

Started by Gloria, October 20, 2003, 08:11:34 PM

Kal

hugh grant is always very good... and i'm totally inlove with keira knightly, despite what some of you nerds may say  8)

ono

Could some kindly admin move this to Now Showing, since it is now showing?  Thanks!  :)

Just got back from a sneak preview of Love Actually.  Wow.  For those of you who don't like movies hyped, stop reading now and just buy your tickets in advance for November 7th (or 14th, for the wider release).

When the tagline says it's the Ultimate Romantic Comedy, it ain't lying.  This is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.  Think Magnolia, Lost in Translation, and Amelie thrown into a blender and set to puree.  It's that good.  It's so incredibly uplifting, humorous, and romantic, and rarely misses a note.  It does such an incredibly great job juggling its huge cast, and the soundtrack is something quite special as well.  I may have to see it again to be sure, but for now it tops my list of 2003's best.  More details to come later, most likely.  I just wanted to get that out of my system.  ****+ (10/10)

tpfkabi

keira knightly?

not sure who this is......pic anyone?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

NEON MERCURY

she's a cheaper version of natalie portman... :wink:

Ghostboy

High praise, ONMTP. I seriously don't expect it to be anywhere close to Lost In Translation and Magnolia, but your comments also give me faith that I'll be leaving the theater very very happy on Friday. If it makes me happier than Notting Hill, that'll be great.

Banky

Find Your Magali

Saw the preview for this last night on TV. Looks pretty good. Great cast. It's always good to have one feel-good romantic comedy around the holidays; even something like Brett Ratner's "The Family Man" will do.

Anyway, this one looks pretty good. Looks like a good date movie, in the rare event that such a thing occurs.  :(

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: NEON MERCURYshe's a cheaper version of natalie portman... :wink:

Damn Straight!

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: bigideaskeira knightly?

not sure who this is......pic anyone?

The last one is a picture from Love Actually.

ono

It's a crime how beautiful she is.

tpfkabi

mmmmm, the bottom two

but, have you seen the pics from Arthur or whatever it is that hasn't come out yet? she looks like a man.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Ernie

I guess I don't really see it. She's alright but she's definitely no Zooey Dechanel.

Great mini review Onomano, I'll definitely be seeing this. Possibly this weekend. I might have to pass on Elf till next weekend, too many little kids will show up opening day.

Ghostboy

Quote from: bigideas

but, have you seen the pics from Arthur or whatever it is that hasn't come out yet? she looks like a man.

I liked the way she looked. Her costume doesn't try to amplify what she doesn't have, which is fine with me.

TheVoiceOfNick

She's got stuff where it should be... she may even one day become the expensive Natalie Portman...

modage

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickShe's got stuff where it should be... she may even one day become the expensive Natalie Portman...
\

NEVER! :x
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.