The Three Stooges

Started by Banky, September 30, 2003, 09:43:57 AM

Alexandro

either all these guys are stooges fans or there's an incredible script for this thing. otherwise i just don't get it.

SiliasRuby

ehhhhhhh....no. no interested.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Gamblour.

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 25, 2009, 01:09:24 PM
Project will get underway after Penn completes the Asger Leth-directed Universal/Imagine Entertainment drama "Cartel." He hasn't done a comedy since the 1989 laffer "We're No Angels."

Um, how bout Sweet and Lowdown? It's probably my favorite Penn movie, how could they forget this? (I wanted to joke about "I am Sam" but this error is egregious, seriously)

Yeah, my friend posted this on Twitter and I thought it was a rumor, sadly.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Penn has been gearing for the role of Larry since Carlito's Way:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Sean Penn backs out of two films
'Three Stooges,' 'Cartel' lose Oscar winner
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Sean Penn is taking his Oscar and going home.

The "Milk" star has dropped out of two high-profile films: MGM's "The Three Stooges" and Universal and Imagine's crime thriller "Cartel."

It is understood that the two-time Oscar-winning actor-writer-director is taking a leave from his Hollywood career to focus on his family. Penn has already informed the productions he will not be available. It's unclear how long the absence could last, though sources have said up to a year.

Penn's moves now leave both projects in the lurch, though "Stooges' " dilemma is potentially more serious.

Peter and Bobby Farrelly have spent the better part of a decade trying to get "Stooges" off the ground, and in March they pulled off a major casting coup: Penn as Larry, with Jim Carrey as Curly and Benicio del Toro as Moe.

Now MGM and the Farrellys, who wrote the script and are slated to direct, need to decide whether they will wait for Penn or seek to find a new actor.

Time and availability are the issues: "Stooges" was eyeing a late August start date, and MGM has slotted it for a 2010 release. If the studio does wait, it could risk losing Carrey and del Toro. On the other hand, half of Hollywood would poke their eyes out for the part.

Universal and Imagine, meanwhile, plan to move ahead on "Cartel" without Penn and will recast the part. The script, which is still being worked on, follows a man who journeys to protect his son after his wife is murdered by Mexican drug cartels. Asger Leth is directing. The movie had no start date or release date.

In May, Penn filed for a request to dismiss his legal separation case from Robin Wright Penn. It is the second time he has rescinded divorce proceedings.

He has two movies in the can, Terrence Malick's "The Tree of Life" and Doug Liman's adaptation of Valerie Plame's political memoir, "Fair Game." Both are River Road Entertainment productions, though Participant Pictures was also involved in "Fair Game."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Jim Carrey Shows Off Fuller Figure For 'Three Stooges'

Watch out, Matt Damon -- Jim Carrey's coming through.

The comedian has promised to gain 40-50 pounds for his role as Curly in "The Three Stooges" -- more than the 30 Matt put on for "The Informant!" -- and he showed off a chubbier figure on Thursday night at UCLA's 2009 Visionary Ball in Beverly Hills.

Weight wasn't the only thing Jim's added to his look -- he wore glasses and had grown a full beard.

Partner Jenny McCarthy, who stood by Jim's side on Thursday, previously told Access Hollywood's Billy Bush that she was looking forward to "dating Curly."

"He said, 'You know, I'm going to have to gain 40-50 pounds for this role.' And I said, 'Oh my God! I get to be dating Curly!' That is the greatest thing ever," she told Billy in April.

"The Three Stooges" is expected in theaters in 2010.

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 05, 2009, 10:06:55 PM

"He said, 'You know, I'm going to have to gain 40-50 pounds for this role.'

reverse that conversation and things go differently.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

MacGuffin

Sean Penn Returning to The Three Stooges
Source: ComingSoon

The Boston Herald talked to Bobby Farrelly, who revealed that Sean Penn will indeed play Larry in The Three Stooges. The actor had pulled out of the film last summer and was reported to have been replaced by Paul Giamatti in the role, but apparently that didn't work out.

"We got him back," Bobby Farrelly said. "He always said he wanted to do it after, you know, taking care of his family."

Benicio Del Toro is still interested in playing Moe. The role of Curly will still have to be cast, however, as Jim Carrey is no longer attached.

The Three Stooges won't be the Farrelly brothers' next project. They start shooting the comedy Hall Pass, starring Owen Wilson, next month in Atlanta.

Hall Pass is about a man whose wife, looking to spice up their sex life, gives him a "pass" to play the field for a week.

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

So Jim Carrey got fat for nothing???
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

This movie will never happen.

Has anyone seen a Farrelly Bros. comedy lately? How do they hold up? Growing up I thought Dumb & Dumber and Kingpin were the funniest things ever.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Casting Call: Jane Lynch Joins 'Three Stooges'
Source: Yahoo

Jane Lynch is bringing a little religion to "The Three Stooges." The Emmy-winning "Glee" superstar will take on the role of Mother Superior in the upcoming Farrelly Brothers film, a rep for 20th Century Fox confirmed to Access Hollywood on Thursday. Jane will play nun who runs the orphanage where the "Stooges" -Moe, Larry and Curly --grow up. As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, "24" star Chris Diamantopoulos is believed to be the favorite to play Moe, while Sean Hayes has already been announced as Larry and Will Sasso will play Curly.

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Remember when this movie used to have movie stars in it?  That was weird.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Larry David Joins 'Three Stooges' In Mother Mengele Role
BY MIKE FLEMING | Deadline

Peter and Bobby Farrelly's 20th Century Fox comedy The Three Stooges cast continues to get more and more inspired. They're closing in on a deal with Larry David to play Mother Mengele, the unfortunate nun who runs the orphanage where the Stooges grow up and learn to create mayhem. Setting a Jewish guy to play a nun certainly sounds like David is playing against type. I served two tours of duty in Catholic elementary schools and now that I think of it, Larry David in a Nun's Habit pretty much squares with my memory of how all of those teachers looked back then. David's deal is being finished, and the Seinfeld co-creator will join Jane Lynch, who plays Mother Superior, Chris Diamantopoulos, who's signing on to play Moe, Will Sasso, who's playing Curly, and Sean Hayes, who signed on recently to play Larry Fine. Production begins in May. David's repped by WME.

Skeleton FilmWorks