The Three Stooges

Started by Banky, September 30, 2003, 09:43:57 AM

MacGuffin

link to teaser poster to prevent stretching out the page.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

72teeth

well, it'll be fun to watch... on tv. one night. when absolutly nothing else is on.

Fuck, i'm bummed about this :(
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Ravi

Pozer

so Carrey just switched roles. and little Ronnie Howard's bro is Larry.

72teeth

i gotta admit tho, i am excited to watch Sasso's take on Curly...

Goddman it! There's still an excitement about this movie inside me that i can't kill, and if that cast along with Farrelly Brothers rapid decline doesn't do it, i have no idea what will... I think i just love the Stooges too much.

This is gonna hurt

Yowza Yowza Yowza

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

NEON MERCURY

gee whiz! i rather make love to my brother than watch this :doh:

Pwaybloe

Worst movie of 2012.  Called it.  

Edit: Sorry, Mod called it in 2009.  Congratulations on your fortune telling skills.

Quote from: modage on March 25, 2009, 04:46:59 PM
this will be THE WORST movie.

RegularKarate

You guys act like you're surprised.
This looks EXACTLY like the Three Stooges.  There are about two things that happen in this trailer that wouldn't happen exactly the same way in a Three Stooges film.

"Kindler: Dr. Katz, I've just discovered why women don't like the Three Stooges.

Dr. Katz: Why's that, Andy?

Kindler: They're not funny."

72teeth

:onfire: WOOHOO! This was great!

In my brain, i was either over complicating it or dumbing it down too much, but this was exactly what it should have been: The Farrellys do Stooges! And the good Farrelly's at that!
A couple of the scene almost feel like they were just re-doing Dumb and Dumber (I never realized, DandD is just Stooges '90)  but the cast is what actually bumped it up... They are spot-fuckin-on! Much closer than the New Muppets are to the Old Muppets even. And they even manage to add a layer of depth that was never actually addressed in the original shorts, but is completely plausible and well played.

I have no idea how they should have marketed this, but i feel bad for the guy who's job it was, not easy.

Ignore all the Jersey Shore crap, it's not at all as it comes off in the trailers, theyre actually just making a comparison on how we will always love watching dummies.. there's only like 5mins of "Hey Moe! Were in the year 2012!"-jokes, so dont let those iphone/twitter bits scare you off, and as i said, it is the Farrelly's take so there is some balls-and-fart humor, but that also means there's some good heart and a pretty good roadtrip soundtrack.

See it, yall. See it! ...see yall on the Dumb and Dumber 2 thread.

Yowza Yowza Yowza