Transformer Movie???

Started by Gloria, September 03, 2003, 04:05:43 PM

72teeth

i wouldn't say "ugly" but i wouldn't give her face a second glance...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

The Red Vine

IMDB is fucking ridiculous. The movie has an 8.3 rating with "reviews" such as...

"Shia is HILARIOUS in this movie!"
"That girl did a good job acting. Her ass is amazing!"
"Michael Bay is becoming the best in Hollywood."

I wanna punch someone.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Kal

I was complaining that Spider Man and Pirates tried too hard on the script... well this one didnt even try!!!

What the fuck was that...

Stefen

Quote from: The Red Vine on July 05, 2007, 06:35:35 PM
IMDB is fucking ridiculous. The movie has an 8.3 rating with "reviews" such as...

"Shia is HILARIOUS in this movie!"
"That girl did a good job acting. Her ass is amazing!"
"Michael Bay is becoming the best in Hollywood."

I wanna punch someone.

HAHA. Yeah, sounds like an IMDB comment.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pumba

speaking of IMDB, look what i found in the news section:

Days before the opening of the latest Transformers movie, director Michael Bay posted an angry message on his blog, deriding producers Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto for allegedly attempting to take undeserved creative credit for the film. Although his message was later removed, it was apparently cached by Google and found its way to L.A. Weekly columnist Nikki Finke, who posted it on her website today (Thursday). In it, Bay writes that he had only one creative meeting with DeSanto a year ago, during which, he wrote, "I realized he was worlds apart in my vision. I said, 'Thank you very much, ' and then showed him my office door. I never really spoke to him again other than to mutter, 'Hello.'" Bay says that although he never had conversations with Murphy, he did read notes from him "kind of trashing the script and making me and the writers feel like a big s*** pile." Bay also accused DeSanto of attempting to get a writer's credit on the film and discussing the film with interviewers at an awards dinner as if he had seen the completed film. "Give me a break," Bay wrote. "The guy was lying through his teeth. He had seen nada, nothing, until the press screening."

Raikus

Here's the full entry:
-----------------------------
LET'S GET SOME FACTS STRAIGHT
06/29/2007 11:20 PM
        The movie is over.
        Wow that was a hard one, but I must tell you it was so much fun. The most difficult actors I've ever worked with, besides Bruce Willis, are Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. They took every single one of my days for a year. But they are well worth the work. I've just traveled 36,000 miles around the world (in two weeks) and had the most amazing premiere at the Taormina film festival in an ancient, Greek-built theatre that existed well before the birth of Christ. I loved seeing the reactions to the film from so many different cultures. This movie really travels around the world. I'm so excited for everyone to see it. Thanks to all you that supported me on this film.
        Just so I set the story straight, my budget started at $145 Million, it crept to $150 and some change – I'm very proud of that – the fact that we are half the cost of all these other summer blockbusters. I see people doubt that out on the net, but anyone want to challenge me I'll put a ten thousand dollar bet down on the table right now.
        Even when the studio tried to ship me out to Canada or shoot down with Aussies - I looked but I knew we were dead up there. I needed my crew that I have been loyal to for years, they are the best in the world. Besides I believe American movies that portray America, should be made in America. I cut my fee 30% so I could make this at home. I knew this was right for the movie so I asked the other producers to join – Ian and Lorenzo did, and the two others (that came attached to the project) Tom Desanto and Don Murphy did not. That was my introduction to them – they did not want any part of their fee going to make a better movie. Things like that don't usually sit well with me.
        Now that the movie is done I get strange questions from the press. Like 'how did Tom control the set'? What? 'How did Tom and Don control you?' What the fuck. 'How was it working with Tom and Don who knew Transformers so well?' 'We heard Tom wrote the story – he had a 90 page treatment, right?' Okay stop. Let me take you back in time. Tom and Don are very nice guys, but let's get some facts straight.
        Tom had one creative meeting with me for one hour and ten minutes to be exact about a year ago. He told he was the über fan boy and was going to protect me from the minefields. The type of minefields on the Net like 'Damn you Michael Bay' 'You wrecked my childhood Michael Bay' and other various web death threats I received. Tom proceeded to tell me how much he had problems with the robot designs and script issues. I realized he was worlds apart in my vision. I said thank you very much, and then showed him my office door - I never really spoke to him again other then to mutter hello. He would occasionally come to the set with guests like it was some theme park. I never spoke creatively with Don. I read his notes kind of trashing the script and making me and the writers feel like a big shit pile. But during production Don was nice to me, he knew I was not going to talk creative with him.
        One day not too long ago, the writers of our movie Alex and Bob called me in a panic saying all of a sudden after the movie was almost finished in post that Tom was applying for writer's or story credit. I was appalled because neither the writer's nor I ever saw any treatment. Well, he applied for credit, but the Writer's Guild shot him down, denied him.
        But what made my blood curl was something that was on the Net with Tom at the Saturn awards on IESB.net where they interviewed him about the movie – a movie I might add he had not seen yet. He acted very much like he did. Check it out as he vamps through the questions, and how Hugo put his 'thumb print on it'. Give me a break, the guy was lying through his teeth - he had seen nada, nothing, until the press screening.
        So that's the real truth, I had to say it, cause I'm tired of answering these questions.
        What these guys did do was stuck with a 'silly toy movie' and pushed it around town and kept the faith after everyone turned them down, always with the hope that maybe someone somewhere would make it. Now I commend them on that. Hats off to them, but trying to taking creative credit in the press let me just say it – irks me. Too many credits are given to too many people who had nothing to do with the movie. Hell, even investment bankers with not the slightest idea of how to make a movie all of a sudden are big producers in town.
        I guess that's how it goes in Hollywood.
        Michael Bay
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

Quote from: I Love a Magician on July 04, 2007, 01:58:10 AMsometimes you just gotta let the dumb shit wash over you.

And this film was it for me.

Pretty much in agreement - the first hour or so was really great. Action-packed and exciting; the CGI was amazing. Then the Autobots started talking in ebonics and it was just a slow decline from then on out. And after a while, like much of Bay's films, all of the action just started getting prolonged. But I knew what kind of film I was in for; it was fun during, and forgettable after.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

If this movie weren't so long, I would see it again I laughed so much at how bad it was.  Worst/best movie of the year!

abuck1220

Quote from: Michael Bay
a bunch of bullshit

wow, shut the fuck up, dude...it's transformers for crying out loud.

Stefen

Quote from: Mike "Red, White, & Blue!" Bay on July 06, 2007, 10:57:44 AMEven when the studio tried to ship me out to Canada or shoot down with Aussies - I looked but I knew we were dead up there. I needed my crew that I have been loyal to for years, they are the best in the world. Besides I believe in American movies that portray America

lol@this hillbilly.

Maybe if you weren't so gotdamn loyal to the USA, you would have made a better movie with a different crew from a different country.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

This was a waste of fucking time on almost every level. Shia and the CGI were the best parts of this piece of shit and that's saying alot.....Bleh...just...Bleh.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

w/o horse

Easily the most intellectually dense film of the season.  I presage long deliberations in tiny French cafes as to exactly what the fuck was going on.  An erratic, unstable, impatient script that delights in pop culture hemorrhages.  Limitless potential in the extrapolation of Bay's intentions.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pubrick

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on July 25, 2007, 09:55:19 PM
Limitless potential in the extrapolation of Bay's intentions.

he doesn't care about story, he wanted to make money, he achieved his goal.

end of extrapolation.
under the paving stones.

Kal

Quote from: Pubrick on July 26, 2007, 02:20:02 AM
Quote from: Losing the Horse: on July 25, 2007, 09:55:19 PM
Limitless potential in the extrapolation of Bay's intentions.

he doesn't care about story, he wanted to make money, he achieved his goal.

end of extrapolation.

Yeah he wanted to prove to everyone that he is a big bucks blockbuster guy after The Island, which is a fucking masterpiece compared to this piece of shit.

B.C. Long

He probably considers Island his introspective personal piece.