Transformer Movie???

Started by Gloria, September 03, 2003, 04:05:43 PM

polkablues

I just realized we're going to have to live through an entire year of promotion for this damn thing...

:yabbse-undecided:
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Bay Casts Transformers' Optimus Prime

Michael Bay was one of several directors at the Con who sent a taped address to the folks in Hall H. He said via taped transmission that he is currently halfway through filming Transformers, due July 7, 2007, and he begged folks for their patience as ILM does its thing. What Bay wanted the fans to know is that Optimus Prime will be played by Peter Cullen, the original voice from the Transformers TV show.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

the decepticon logo is cooler.

grand theft sparrow

It always was.

By the way, call me when they sign Frank Welker on for Megatron.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Transformers Revealed!
Check out the Autobots and Decepticons featured in the film.

Transformers screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci revealed this morning, in a live webcast on Yahoo! Movies, which Autobots and Decepticons will appear in the forthcoming Michael Bay-directed movie based on the popular franchise.  Here's the list with a few random notes from the screenwriters...

Autobots

Optimus Prime - "The king!"

Bumblebee - "He's the same underdog character we always knew and loved." [Note: Except he's a Camaro in the movie.]

Jazz - "He's eager to take on the Decepticons."

Ratchet - "Ratchet, who was an ambulance in the cartoon, will appear in a new form."

Ironhide - "The muscle. A tough soldier who can make any Transformer bust an o-ring just with his stare!"

Decepticons

Megatron - "He's been portrayed as pure evil but we're trying to get a little bit behind the evil in this movie. ... He has a slightly less idealistic version of what he thinks humanity is worth."

Starscream - "Always secretly plotting to dethrone Megatron..."

Brawl - "An extremely pissed off Decepticon."

Bonecrusher - "The closest thing to a Constructicon in the film."

Barricade - "The hunter of the group -- a cop car."

Scorpinok - "Closest thing to Beast Wars or Dinobot in the film."

Frenzy - "A smaller form able to infultrate spaces -- a stealth spy."

Blackout - "The guy who takes out our ability to fight back."

Transformers rolls out on the big screen on July 4th.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: July 4th, 2007 (wide)

Starring: Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel, Megan Fox, Tyrese Gibson, Jon Voight, John Turturro, Bernie Mac

Directed By: Michael Bay

Premise: The Earth is caught in the middle of an intergalactic war between two races of robots, the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons.

Skeleton FilmWorks

gob

Didn't give a toss about this film till I saw that. Michael Bay may con me out of my money yet.

grand theft sparrow

But Michael Bay movies have always made for good trailers.

This one has at least shown me that we'll see, bare minimum, 20 minutes of fanboy boner-inducing moments.  The remaining 2 hours or so is what I'm still worried about.

SiliasRuby

The airport controll tower man is Aaron from 24!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

picolas

that little girl at the end is pretty stupid. i think there will be tons of emotionally dumb/hideous moments as per (bay) usual but i am really really excited by the robots.

did the original show ever explain how these presumably non-reproductive robots that transform into man-made vehicles could exist in space? the only explanation i can think of is time travel.

polkablues

Quote from: picolas on December 20, 2006, 06:36:52 PM
that little girl at the end is pretty stupid.

Did anybody else think "Lost World" during that part?
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Quote from: polkablues on December 20, 2006, 06:59:48 PMDid anybody else think "Lost World" during that part?

Quote from: Tryskadekafobia on July 21, 2005, 04:28:04 PM
Get ready to blame Asperger's on Transformers: The Live Action Movie.

Skeleton FilmWorks