David Gordon Green's "Undertow"

Started by Gold Trumpet, May 17, 2003, 10:27:44 AM

Pedro

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: themodernage02Ebeaman mark your calendar.  According to the new Premiere, Undertow will be released sometime in October.
Oct. 29
uh oh, a new DGG movie opening the same day as Zooey Dechanel's EULOGY!??!  whats an ebeaman to do?!?!
have his first sexual experience

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

UncleJoey

I didn't really like the trailer that much (the voice-over is just awful) and I'll admit to not being the biggest DGG fan, but I'll probably still give it a chance.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

pete

no way dgg is gonna be using that kind of music in his movie right?  I'm looking forward to it still.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: peteno way dgg is gonna be using that kind of music in his movie right?  I'm looking forward to it still.
Didn't he use something similar in All the Real Girls?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

SHAFTR

Quote from: UncleJoeyI didn't really like the trailer that much (the voice-over is just awful) .

The lack of v/o is what made the All the Real Girls trailer so great.

Put this movie at #2 (behind Life Aquatic) for most anticipated movie of the year for me.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

pete

Quote from: ranemaka13
Quote from: peteno way dgg is gonna be using that kind of music in his movie right?  I'm looking forward to it still.

we talking about the trailer music?  in all the real girls the trailer or the movie?  'cause there's nothing like that in the movie.
- Buster Keaton

Alethia

Quote from: pete
Quote from: ranemaka13

we talking about the trailer music?  in all the real girls the trailer or the movie?  'cause there's nothing like that in the movie.

unless i misunderstood you - the trailer music for all the real girls is indeed in the film as well.....i have a strange feeling thats not what you meant, however....

but, jesus, undertow....what a bad fucking trailer.......i'm still gonna see it of course, but i'm feelin kinda wary now - i hope this isnt a colossal fuck up....

pete

no I was talking about how the trailer for undertow had terrible music, and hoped that the undertow trailer music is not in the movie.  so when ranemaka said "Didn't he use something like that in all the real girls", I assumed that he meant the trailer music in undertow was similar to the actual soundtrack of all the real girls.  or that all the real girls's trailer music was taken from the soundtrack of the movie.  it was real unclear what he meant, so I made a double statement/ question thing.  but thanks for clearing up at least part of that statement/ question combo.
- Buster Keaton

UncleJoey

Quote from: SHAFTRThe lack of v/o is what made the All the Real Girls trailer so great.

It made it an excellent preview of the awful dialogue in the film.

faced
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

Ghostboy

First thirty seconds and the last thirty seconds are pretty good. The minute in the middle seems to be UA's way of saying they hope this movie makes money.

modage

Quote from: SHAFTRPut this movie at #2 (behind Life Aquatic) for most anticipated movie of the year for me.
SHAFTR, admit it!  that trailer looks so run-of-the-mill.  granted they are trying to sell his possibly still DGG film, but that certainly couldnt get you excited.  if you didnt know he had made the film you would not have been interested/excited by THAT?!?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: SHAFTRPut this movie at #2 (behind Life Aquatic) for most anticipated movie of the year for me.
SHAFTR, admit it!  that trailer looks so run-of-the-mill.  granted they are trying to sell his possibly still DGG film, but that certainly couldnt get you excited.  if you didnt know he had made the film you would not have been interested/excited by THAT?!?

It is true the Trailer was run of the mill, but I'd rather look at the director rather than the trailer when deciding what movie I am looking forward to.  I thought the look of the film and the storyline show a lot of promise, the v/o and the cutting of the Trailer is awful.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Film Student

Trailers don't mean shit.   Especially when they're so obviously cut together by the studio (like this one).

I'm excited about this movie for two reasons: David Gordon Greene and Terrence Malick.

Plus: Philip Glass scored it, and I will watch ANYTHING that he worked on.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Chest Rockwell

I agree with Film Student. Who cares about a trailer? It's so funny how you guys always agree on stupid stuff like trailers and cover art.