Stay

Started by MacGuffin, April 11, 2003, 10:36:44 AM

MacGuffin

Marc Forster to Stay at Regency

Monster's Ball helmer Marc Forster is in final talks to direct the supernatural thriller Stay for Regency Enterprises. The Hollywood Reporter says Forster replaces helmer David Fincher in the project, which is now on a fast track.

Written by David Benioff, the film is about a psychologist at an Ivy League university who tries to prevent one of his students from committing suicide.

Forster next directs J.M. Barrie's Neverland, starring Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet and Dustin Hoffman, for Miramax Films. Forster's upcoming slate also includes the Benioff-penned Alpha at DreamWorks Pictures and Dallas Buyers Club at Universal Pictures.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

budgie

Quote from: MacGuffinMarc Forster to Stay at Regency ...

Forster next directs J.M. Barrie's Neverland, starring Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet and Dustin Hoffman, for Miramax Films. Forster's upcoming slate also includes the Benioff-penned Alpha at DreamWorks Pictures and Dallas Buyers Club at Universal Pictures.

:shock:

Do you believe you can will things to happen?

As for the other, shame, sounds like a good Fincher project, but Monster's Ball was so delicately handled this is optimistic.

Sigur Rós

Foster  :(  Fincher  :-D

Recce

Quote from: Sigur RósFoster  :(  Fincher  :-D
:yabbse-thumbup:
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Recce

Ghostboy

I read a script review of this. It sounds pretty lame. I'm glad Fincher turned it down.

I think Marc Forster is a good director. Monster's Ball is great and Everything Put Together is pretty good too. I'm really hoping that Neverland will be great.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Sigur Rós

Pedro

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat

:yabbse-thumbdown:

picolas

Quote from: RegularKarate

:yabbse-sad:

Recce

HEY!!!
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Sigur Rós

HEY!!!

Thank you! Thank you! You really love me! You love me! :yabbse-thumbup:

moonshiner

all that is definitely the most worthwhile thing that has come out of xixax
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Pedro

Quote from: moonshinerall that is definitely the most worthwhile thing that has come out of xixax

I do remember...when xixax first started...there was a thread that sphinx was involved in (but what isn't he involved in?) that had a quote longer than that.  I've been looking for that for a while....still nowhere to be found...did that "longest...quote...ever" get deleted?

picolas

Quote from: Pedro the WombatI do remember...when xixax first started...there was a thread that sphinx was involved in (but what isn't he involved in?) that had a quote longer than that. I've been looking for that for a while....still nowhere to be found...did that "longest...quote...ever" get deleted?

memories...