Stay

Started by MacGuffin, April 11, 2003, 10:36:44 AM

moonshiner

i stand corrected :roll:
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: October 21, 2005

Cast: Ewan McGregor, Naomi Watts, Ryan Gosling, Janeane Garofalo, Bob Hoskins

Director: Marc Forster (Monster's Ball, Finding Neverland)

Plot: This movie focuses on the attempts of an Ivy League Professor to prevent one of his students from committing suicide.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mutinyco

You needed to add that photo cause Naomi barely appears in the trailer...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

modage

so, he did this BEFORE finding neverland (which itself was delayed like a year?)  this wont be very good.  despite talent involved.  it will probably be okay though but contain twists that are over-used.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Quote from: modageso, he did this BEFORE finding neverland (which itself was delayed like a year?)  this wont be very good.  despite talent involved.  it will probably be okay though but contain twists that are over-used.

He did it after Neverland; and yeah, it looks incredibly tiresome. Here's my guess as to what the twist is: Ewan's dead!!! And that's why the dog barks at him.

Weak2ndAct

A-Bomb spoilers, b/c I read the script and it sucks balls:

The whole movie is a 'dream' of sorts.  Gosling's character is in a car accident on a bridge (hinted at throughout), and the whole movie is basically his hallucination as he dies.  Ewan and Naomi are revealed to be characters who are there on the bridge trying to help as he dies-- and are not who they are throughout the whole movie.  So bascially, it all means nothing.  'Stay' is what they're saying to him as he's fading away to the dirtnap.  CRAP CRAP CRAP.

Pozer

Quote from: GhostboyHere's my guess as to what the twist is: Ewan's dead!!! And that's why the dog barks at him.
Stay's twist will be no Still's.

mutinyco

Uh... Jacob's Ladder... uh... the least they could do is have Gosling do a lambada with a demon...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

squints

And how does super mario get involved in all of this?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

matt35mm

They said the name "Latham" a whole bunch of times in that movie.  At least it sounded like Latham, but it's not how I pronounce my name, which really pisses me off for some reason.  LAH-thum?  Bullshit!  It's LAY-thum.