Clash of the Titans (2010)

Started by MacGuffin, April 16, 2007, 01:04:33 AM

MacGuffin

Kasdan's mighty pen on 'Titans'
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Screenwriting hero Lawrence Kasdan has been tapped to pen "Clash of the Titans" for Warner Bros. Pictures. Basil Iwanyk is producing via Thunder Road.

A remake of the 1981 cult classic, the story revolves around Zeus' son, Perseus, and his journey to save Princess Andromeda during which he must complete various tasks set out by Zeus, including capturing Pegasus and slaying Medusa. The original marked the final film on which Ray Harryhausen did special effects.

Travis Beacham ("Killing on Carnival Row") wrote a draft.

Lynn Harris is overseeing for the studio.

For Kasdan, "Titans" is his first fantasy-style project since the early 1980s, when he wrote the screenplays for "Return of the Jedi," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark." He has since tended to write, as well as direct and produce, more earthbound fare such as "Mumford" and "Grand Canyon."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes join 'Titans'
Greek-god epic set to shoot later this month in the U.K.
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes will play warring gods in Warner Bros. and Legendary's "Clash of the Titans," the Greek-god epic directed by Louis Leterrier.

Neeson is playing Zeus, the wise yet sometimes ill-tempered king of the gods and father of Perseus (Sam Worthington).

Fiennes will play Hades, ruler of the underworld who aims to overtake Zeus and rule over all. Fiennes' deal is in still in negotiations.

The two actors join Mads Mikkelsen, Gemma Arterton and Alexa Davalos in the production, which begins shooting later this month in the U.K.

Legendary is co-producing and co-financing the pic. Thunder Road's Basil Iwanyk is producing with Kevin de la Noy. Jon Jashni and Thomas Tull are executive producing.

The deal marks Neeson's first since the tragic death of his wife, Natasha Richardson. The deal was initiated before her death. His film "Taken," released earlier this year, has proven to be a surprise hit, earning almost $140 million domestically.

Fiennes last starred in "The Reader."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Check Out Sam Worthington as a 'Titan'
by Elisabeth Rappe; Cinematical

Sam Worthington was just about everyone's favorite thing in Terminator: Salvation, and he's gone from "That guy we don't really know who keeps getting cast in big movies" to "Sam Worthington might really be the next big thing." The part that might make or break him is his upcoming turn as Perseus in Louis Leterrier's remake of Clash of the Titans. Luck is on his side, because going Greco-Roman with a sword did do wonders for Russell Crowe, Gerard Butler, Ray Stevenson and Kevin McKidd. (Some of them may not exactly be A-List, but they're doing all right.)

With that, here's your first look at Worthington as Perseus, courtesy of Slashfilm (and probably hailing from the pages of Empire). Not surprisingly, it looks a lot like Gladiator and 300 because it has to. It's a little known fact that the classical world was grainy, blood-splattered, and seen through the shaky cam lens. Whatever else you've seen onscreen, whatever your history professors told you, this is actually what the ancient world looked like. It may have even been lived against green screen, though that remains a matter of scholarly debate.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Teaser Trailer here.

Release Date: March 26th, 2010 (wide)

Starring: Sam Worthington, Pete Postlethwaite, Mads Mikkelsen, Gemma Arterton, Alexa Davalos

Directed by: Louis Leterrier (The Incredible Hulk)

Premise: The ultimate struggle for power pits men against kings and kings against gods. But the war between the gods themselves could destroy the world.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

socketlevel

the one last hit that spent you...

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

If this and Avatar bomb does that mean Worthington is 0-3 and can go work on his indie game for awhile?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

They might as well stop making these trailers, because I'm just going to keep on not watching them.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Derek

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a helluva lotta fun?

Come on now...
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.