Batman Begins

Started by ©brad, February 19, 2003, 01:10:29 PM

MacGuffin

'Bat'-casting for Wilkinson, Hauer

Oscar nominee Tom Wilkinson and Rutger Hauer have joined the cast of Warner Bros. Pictures' "Batman Begins." Christopher Nolan is directing the latest incarnation of Warners' Caped Crusader franchise, which is being produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Larry Franco. Wilkinson plays Falcone, one of the leading crime figures in Gotham City, while Hauer portrays Earle, a business contemporary of Bruce Wayne's murdered father who has designs on the Wayne corporate empire. The actors join Christian Bale as Wayne/Batman; Michael Caine as Wayne's trusted butler, Alfred; Katie Holmes as a childhood friend of Wayne's; Liam Neeson as Wayne's mentor, Henri Ducard; Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, a former board member and sidelined employee of Wayne Enterprises; Gary Oldman as Lt. James Gordon; and Ken Watanabe as the villainous Ra's Al Ghul. Wilkinson, who was nominated for an Academy Award for his role in "In the Bedroom," appears in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." The actor, who is repped by Gersh and Lou Coulson in London, received an Emmy nomination last year for his work in HBO's "Normal." Hauer recently appeared in the TV series "Alias" and "Smallville" and in the film "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind." He next appears in TNT's "Salem's Lot" opposite Rob Lowe and James Cromwell.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

The Casting is getting better and better for this flick
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Just Withnail

This film is seriously getting into great casting overload. Too much I mean. Where are they gonna find the screentime to do the supporting roles justice? I'm betting a lot of these will be really small parts, glorified cameos. Or, perhaps they're going for a highly unlikely three hour route.

Kal

There are many good movies where almost everyone is a well known actor even when they have a tiny part that is somehow important despite of the screentime they get... I think this will definetly be a 2 hour + film and it will rock!

Pubrick

ensemble batman?

could work.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

The Caped Crusader Speaks
Exclusive: Christian Bale talks Bat

The May issue of Empire magazine landed an exclusive audience with the man some call the Caped Crusader, and Christian spilled a few beans about his plans for the Bat. Now shooting in Iceland and England, Batman Begins has so far assembled one of the most heavyweight casts ever to take on a superhero franchise – Liam Neeson, Ken Watanabe and Morgan Freeman for example, not to mention Bale himself. So what can we expect?

“I believe that there’s an opportunity with that character to do things that I, personally, have never seen done,” says Bale. “There are choices you can make with such a character. You can go very camp with it, like the TV series, but that’s been done. You can’t outdo Adam West with that kind of deal. So what else do you do? There’s a really interesting character there, and that’s what I’m aiming for.”

For all the Bale-heads out there dying for their next fix, the actor will be appearing in The Machinist later this year, a part for which he lost 60lbs – that’s a whopping one-third of his body weight, fact fans! Never fear, however, as he put the weight back on to play the Dark Knight.

“It’s very much like going from one extreme to the other. Batman is a guy who has to be able to tear apart a room, scale walls and do phenomenal things.”
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

The Batmobile Has Been Spotted!
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures

Warner Bros. Pictures has released the first two pictures of the Batmobile from director Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins, due out the summer of 2005.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

cine

That's not a batmobile.

That's a sex tank.

lamas

I wonder what kind of gas mileage it gets.

Stefen

batman would never drive an suv. he loves the enviroment. gotham city is very polluted and batman would get hung by the lib crowd in that. Unless batman suffers from adaptation movie/the 3 split personality.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

thats fucking awsome...

SiliasRuby

Oh it's Kickass...
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Ghostboy

When will this movie stop getting cooler? That's everything I hoped for from the description.

Stefen

Quote from: GhostboyWhen will this movie stop getting cooler? That's everything I hoped for from the description.

it will stop getting cooler when WB realizes how cool it is and fires Nolan and replaces him with Renny Harlin.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.