Top 10 UNDERRATED movies EVER!

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, September 03, 2003, 02:56:39 AM

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

diggler

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Dottie_Hinkle

Ok, whoever said Brain Candy is RIGHT ON!  

Also, everyone forgets about the Hitchcock flick Strangers on a Train....
Does Anyone Know Where I can get the soundtrack/score to BANANAS?

samsong

The Disco Kid

underrated movie - Not an obscure movie, but a movie everyone knows, yet no one takes seriously.

This is the definitive top ten most underrated movies list, as compiled by the world's foremost authority on such matters--myself:

1. (John Carpenter's) The Thing

2. True Romance

3. The Empire Strikes Back

4. Starship Troopers

5. Miami Blues

6. Killing Zoe

7. Robocop

8. Cable Guy

9. Three Kings

10. (TIE) Tron / Bladerunner

Pubrick

Quote from: The Disco Kid3. The Empire Strikes Back
how can it be underrated when it is generally accepted as the best of the series?

other flaws in ur logic: the definition of the terms "everyone", "no one", and "seriously".

i think these flaws render ur list less than definitive.
under the paving stones.

pete

also they're all American movies made after 1980 about angry dudes.  Hey, would you happen to be an angry American dude made after 1980?
- Buster Keaton

The Disco Kid

Quotehow can it be underrated when it is generally accepted as the best of the series?

I suppose you think you got me or something, but although it is generally considered the best of the series, the series itself isnt taken very seriously beyond its effect on popular culture.

There is a huge difference between unknown and underrated...hence my compulsion to start my list with the qualifying definition. Maybe this answers my fellow Bostonian  Pete's question(You should have my back, man!).

Quoteother flaws in ur logic: the definition of the terms "everyone", "no one", and "seriously".

Dont know what youre getting at here. My logic is sound; either yours isnt, or your reading something incorrectly or far too literally.

And you can add Rob Roy to the list as well.

Rudie Obias

i can tell you the film ZERO EFFECT is greatly under rated by critics and the general public.  (for me) it's the most under rated film of the 90s.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Quote from: The Disco Kid
Quoteother flaws in ur logic: the definition of the terms "everyone", "no one", and "seriously".

Dont know what youre getting at here.

you're speaking in definites about something on which you can merely speculate. i think what you are trying to say is that underrated means 'under-appreciated' and not 'under-appreciated due to being unheard of'. but you have to consider how many levels of film awareness there are.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Disco Kidalthough it is generally considered the best of the series, the series itself isnt taken very seriously beyond its effect on popular culture.
There's a big difference between "no one takes it seriously" and "not enough people take it seriously enough."

soixante

Handle with Care (aka Citizens Band)
Semi-Tough
Blue Collar
Who'll Stop the Rain
Big Red One
Modern Romance
Shoot the Moon
Breathless (1983 version)
Street Smart
Sea of Love
Metropolitan
Q&A
Bitter Moon
Kansas City
Career Girls
Celebrity
Black and White
Music is your best entertainment value.

pete

how can people underrate movies they haven't seen.
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

under the paving stones.