than what?

Serial Mom

Pubrick

Quote from: Hedwig
Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: BrazoliangePink Flamingos and Polyester were better
than what?

Serial Mom
and day of the dead, and the man who wasn't there.
under the paving stones.

hedwig

i think it was in response to Week2ndAct saying "Serial Mom" was Waters' best film.

cowboykurtis

i think peter greenaway is underrated in general
...your excuses are your own...

i think you're completely right
context, context, context.

squints

QuoteThe Man Who Wasn't There - I fear this is the last great Coen film. Funny, mesmerizing, and beautiful.

Now this i just don't agree with. Sure Intolerable Cruelty was more than not good, and the ladykillers is sub-par at best...but you have to remember that The Man Who Wasn't There was the last COMPLETELY ORIGINAL Coen brothers work that they put out and to decide that they're never going to do anything "great" ever again is just ridiculous. Keep in mind that these fellas created Blood Simple when they were only in their twenties and I'm posivitve we will see something magnificent in the future from the brothers coen
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Brazoliange

Quote from: Hedwigi think it was in response to Week2ndAct saying "Serial Mom" was Waters' best film.

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING
Long live the New Flesh

cowboykurtis

arthur penn's NIGHT MOVES, which FINALLY came out on DVD today.
...your excuses are your own...

Stefen

So im gonna offer a few of mine. I was apprehensive about it at first cause I felt I would get redirected, but I don't care here they are. They may suck, but I think they are underrated.

Singles - Cameron Crowe nailed this one. This is a film where there are no bad guys, but there aernt any good guys either. Every character is flawed. And that's what makes it fantstic. Plus there are mad cameos by some of my favorite early nineties musicians. It's just a fun movie that I enjoy all the time. It never gets mentioned cause maybe Crowe is trying to forget it ever happened but I remember it did. hahah who else laughs when Dillon is cranking Fondas stereo system and Cornell walks by nodding his head then.....catastrophe. HAHA. Its just a fun movie, nothing more, nothing less.

Signs - This is really underrated. Cause it's almost a character study in what would you do if your family was threatened? We really don't see shit but it doesn't matter cause its happening. I never laughed during this film like the audience I saw it with did. I just felt really compelled to see how this "one family came out" and imo thats what makes it great. Audiences got upset cause you didn't see shit, but thats what makes it so great for me.

Soderberghs Solaris Remake - Now, the Tarkovsky original is fantasitc and i no way underrated. If anything it's overrated. Dobbs wrote a book that was really beyond anyone but a scientist. But I felt this Soderbergh remake (reimagining) is underrated. After the last half it falls to shit, but the first half is really atmospheric and makes you think. There is some amazing acting in this film and I feel it gets underrated. Some of this film almost feels like it isn't a film at all but real life. And I like that. How many people are NASA folks? And how many are in love with someone who died? NOT MANY. And that's what makes it so good. There is good stuff in this movie, and it's unfortunate that not many have seen it.

Make fun of me. I dont care. These movies are good, and you may disagree but hey, that's what makes them underrated right?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Quote from: StefenI was apprehensive about it at first cause I felt I would get redirected
i don't see why u would think that, unless ur high. u posted movies u think are underrated in the underrated movies thread. pretty obvious and non-redirectional.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

So do you agree the movies I mentioned are underrated? Or do you just wanna keep xixax from a berg holocaust?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Quote from: StefenSo do you agree the movies I mentioned are underrated? Or do you just wanna keep xixax from a berg holocaust?
i don't hav to think they are underrated for u to be able to post them. what are u trying to say?
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Nevermind, just stop being you. People hate posting here cause of that.

Do you like Singles?

polkablues

Don't dis Pubrick... he's the guy who discovered that one can replace the word "you" with the letter "u".

Homer: "I just tripled my productivity."[/size]

Anyway.  Underrated movies.  Changing Lanes.  Waking The Dead.  World Traveller.  Event Horizon (seriously... talk shit about EH and I'll fuck you up hardcore).  Anything Else.  Happy Accidents.  And, as the old "Gilligan's Island" theme song went, the rest.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Finn

Quote from: StefenNevermind, just stop being you. People hate posting here cause of that.

I second that
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."