Top 10 UNDERRATED movies EVER!

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, September 03, 2003, 02:56:39 AM

RegularKarate

It's official... the site's most important members agree... P, you're outta here.

MacGuffin

Doesn't matter. In five days, xixax will die.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

Pas

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I didn't know Office Space was underrated.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: walruSI didn't know Office Space was underrated.
it's not.

the rest of the list is mostly ok tho..
under the paving stones.

Figure 8

Quote from: Pubrickthe rest of the list is mostly ok tho..
I thought American Psycho was really overrated and not even close to underrated.

Ravi

Quote from: Pas RapI agree with that :

http://avclub.com/content/node/41714

Office Space:  See also: Besieged, Bringing Out The Dead, The Rage: Carrie 2, Summer Of Sam

???

cowboykurtis

i think theres a difference between underrated and underappreciated.

I think Hudsucker is underrated

I think Paths of Glory is underappreciated
...your excuses are your own...

picolas

cowboykurtis

for instance

hudsucker is not regarded very highly - the critics were disapointed - many fans consider it one of the worst efforts from the coen bros. because of this it is underrated - people do not see/embrace the quality of the material.

Paths of Glory, on the other hand, was (and still is) embraced by both the critics and audiences alike. No one aruges or denounces its quality and resonance. However, Paths of Glory is under-discussed and overlooked even by huge Kubrick admirers. For the most part, I find that the two films that many "Kubrick fans" have not seen are Paths of Glory and Barry Lyndon (which is also grossly underappreciated).
...your excuses are your own...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Overrated and underrated are purely based on where you are, I've noticed.  I don't really know any movies that are universally overrated and unerrated.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

Quote from: WalrosferatuOverrated and underrated are purely based on where you are, I've noticed.  I don't really know any movies that are universally overrated and unerrated.
or underrated....hehe j/k.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

or URINATED

come on ppl join the fun
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ