Batman Begins

Started by ©brad, February 19, 2003, 01:10:29 PM

modage

if anyone cares, here is a rendering of the batsuit from the descriptions that have been confirmed by inside sources...

SPOILERS IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE BATSUIT MIGHT LOOK LIKE
http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmanpics/bbsuitdomain.jpg
http://www.batman-on-film.com/images/bbhead1-domain.jpg

i really hope the head isnt that bulky.  it looks like a helmet, and i thought it was going to be more streamlined to his head.  i hope the real thing looks better.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

I think it actually is streamlined to the head in those sketches...it's just that the head is drawn with such an impossibly angled jaw that it ends up looking like a helmet. In any case, it looks like Batman -- nothing out there, nothing too minimal.

Kal

Look's like Tim Burton's Batman...

MacGuffin

Batman is Revealed!

Entertainment Weekly has an exclusive first look in its new issue at Christian Bale as both Batman and Bruce Wayne in Christopher Nolan's upcoming Batman Begins, which Warner Bros. will release on June 17, 2005. The new film explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight's emergence as a force for good in Gotham.

In case the photo link breaks, go here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Just Withnail

Oooh. The "ears" are shot! Nice. It kind of looks like armor, real bulky.

Gold Trumpet

Looks like a cheap 1980s special effects outfit that show how bad Hollywood use to be in effects, but maybe the barbiarity of it is the point. Not that big of a deal, but on a level of coolness, Burton's original Batman still rules. This is still just one pic and Batman in motion may change my mind.

MacGuffin

Warner Bros. has just added 3 new images of Christian Bale on their official site for "Batman Begins."

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Silver Bullet

Bat[e]man! Bat[e]man! Bat[e]man!
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

matt35mm

FUDGE!!!  Why have I never made that connection before??

modage

okay, i think the reason the head seemed bulky is that the ears are smaller and actually going in a little and not straight up like the burton batsuit.  from that first non-ew shot i can see where it would look like that but on the 3rd non-ew picture it looks kind of cool.  this looks very good.  although you still cant really SEE much of the suit, but its pretty cool they released this stuff a full year in advance.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

In case anticipation has disipated at all...

kotte

edison

cowboykurtis

just finished reading the script -- very atmospheric,character driven --im very excited -- thats all i've got to say about that.
...your excuses are your own...