The Ladykillers

Started by modage, June 12, 2003, 05:10:18 PM

ono

I just saw a commercial for this.  It looks horrible.

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinNational Lampoon has acquired Delfino Entertainment's Lady Killers and will release the film March 26, the exact same date as the Coen brothers' have The Ladykillers scheduled.
according to a commercial during the Super Bowl, the Ladykillers (Hanks version atleast) is indeed coming out March 26th.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

analogzombie

Quote from: Sleepless
Quote from: themodernage02i am so not excited about this movie. the more i think about it, the more i think it will probably suck.  and this is coming from a huge coen bros. fan who loves tom hanks.  something about this movie just doesnt look like its going to work.

I think you're talking about Wayans.

How soon we forget his performance in 'Requiem for a Dream' Just b/c you are rarely given the opportunity to act doesn't mean you cannot.

I can't wait for this one! Tom Hanks as Foghorn Leghorn/Colonel Sanders/Mark Twain is superb!!!
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

What is she doing to him?!
I like to hug dogs

The Silver Bullet

Hanks looks swellegant. The looks commercial.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Ghostboy

This is one of those rare trailers that I just don't get tired of.

I can't make it out completely in that poster, but are both Ethan and Joel credited with directing? That's a first if so.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyI can't make it out completely in that poster, but are both Ethan and Joel credited with directing? That's a first if so.

Looks like it. IMDB listing says so too:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335245/

Skeleton FilmWorks

kotte

Quote from: GhostboyThat's a first if so.

a new era...

Pubrick

Quote from: SloyjWhat is she doing to him?!
hahaha, i thought so too.
under the paving stones.

Weird. Oh

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: GhostboyI can't make it out completely in that poster, but are both Ethan and Joel credited with directing? That's a first if so.

actually if you look IMDB credits them both as directing for most of the films...starting with Blood Simple
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Weirdo1769movieMike
Quote from: MacGuffin

actually if you look IMDB credits them both as directing for most of the films...starting with Blood Simple

It's well known that they both produce and direct the films, but Ethan gets solo prod. credit and Joel solo directing credit on the films themselves.  This is the first time Ethan has had official directing credit on a movie.

cowboykurtis

if i hadnt known that this was a coen's brothers film before viewing the trailer, i wouldve thought it was from teh creators of big mammas house -- this looks really really fucking horrible -- however i do have faith; to this day the coens have proved themselves that no wrong can be done -- lets hope they keep that legacy alive with this one.
...your excuses are your own...

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: cowboykurtisif i hadnt known that this was a coen's brothers film before viewing the trailer, i wouldve thought it was from teh creators of big mammas house -- this looks really really fucking horrible

Yes it does look horrible...  :cry:
Si