The Ladykillers

Started by modage, June 12, 2003, 05:10:18 PM

ElPandaRoyal

It seems a little 'nhé'...
Si

Pubrick

my favorite part is where they kill the lady.
under the paving stones.

picolas

they've totally lost the idea that the innocent, kindly old lady accidentally foils everything.

though "we must have waffles. we must all have waffles FORTHWITH." is one of the best things in a trailer ever.

oakmanc234

Can't wait for this one. Hanks and Wayans seem funny as. And the mix of times is cool, first you think its a period piece (Hanks's fashion, the look of it etc) and then Marlon pops up in street gear. Coen genius at work.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Finn

It looks very...Coen brother-ish
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

©brad

Quote from: SydneyIt looks very...Coen brother-ish

imagine that.

Ravi

Quote from: picolas;though "we must have waffles. we must all have waffles FORTHWITH." is one of the best things in a trailer ever.

That was hilarious.  And such an odd group too.  Tom Hanks in that weird outfit.  Marlon Wayans.

The scene with the old lady slapping Marlon Wayans looks like something one would see in a typical comedy, but the trailer still makes me want to see it.

mogwai

Quote from: RaviThe scene with the old lady slapping Marlon Wayans looks like something one would see in a typical comedy, but the trailer still makes me want to see it.
the coen brothers stole that from this movie:

ElPandaRoyal

Martin Lawrence is irritating!
Si

ShanghaiOrange

Nothing to Lose ripped it off retroactively from the Coens.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Sleepless

Trailer looks good, really can't wait to see this. Looks much more Coen-esque than Cruel Intentions. And my doubts on Tom Hanks have gone too - he wasn't *Tom Hanks-the-same-as-in-every-other-movie-he's-ever-done*, he was *Tom Hanks with a Coen-esque twist*. Big thumbs up for the trailer. Coens seem to be back on top form.

But will this really pull in the crowds...?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Ravi

Quote from: SleeplessTrailer looks good, really can't wait to see this. Looks much more Coen-esque than Cruel Intentions. And my doubts on Tom Hanks have gone too - he wasn't *Tom Hanks-the-same-as-in-every-other-movie-he's-ever-done*, he was *Tom Hanks with a Coen-esque twist*. Big thumbs up for the trailer. Coens seem to be back on top form.

But will this really pull in the crowds...?

People will pay to see Tom Hanks read the phone book.  I did and it was terrific.  I particularly liked his delivery on "Adams, Michael R.  820-589-9925."

Ghostboy

Quote from: SleeplessLooks much more Coen-esque than Cruel Intentions.
Indeed.... :wink:

modage

i am so not excited about this movie. the more i think about it, the more i think it will probably suck.  and this is coming from a huge coen bros. fan who loves tom hanks.  something about this movie just doesnt look like its going to work.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleepless

Quote from: themodernage02i am so not excited about this movie. the more i think about it, the more i think it will probably suck.  and this is coming from a huge coen bros. fan who loves tom hanks.  something about this movie just doesnt look like its going to work.

I think you're talking about Wayans.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.