The Ladykillers

Started by modage, June 12, 2003, 05:10:18 PM

billybrown

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: kotte
Quote from: filmboy70i never saw Intolerable Cruelty and i am NEVER going to see The Ladykillers.
Then you aren't allowed to express yourself about the films. Please shut up.
sure he is.
Uh, no, I wouldn't think so.

This coming from the same lemon (Cinephile) who trashed a film, solely based on reviews, without having actually watched it or making the attempt to at some point.  :roll:   How's about forming you're, "golly gee", very own independent thoughts and opinions on things. Try it, it's real real good sometimes.  Honest.  :-D

cine

Quote from: billybrownThis coming from the same lemon (Cinephile) who trashed a film, solely based on reviews, without having actually watched it or making the attempt to at some point.  :roll:   How's about forming you're, "golly gee", very own independent thoughts and opinions on things. Try it, it's real real good sometimes.  Honest.  :-D
Did you completely ignore MacGuffin's post in the other thread?
Quote from: MacGuffinStop this now.
You even had the last word too. And now you've rehashed something I said to somebody ELSE five days ago. Do you have a life at all, kid? You're annoying everybody. Take a hint and quit while you're ahead.

billybrown

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: billybrownThis coming from the same lemon (Cinephile) who trashed a film, solely based on reviews, without having actually watched it or making the attempt to at some point.  :roll:   How's about forming you're, "golly gee", very own independent thoughts and opinions on things. Try it, it's real real good sometimes.  Honest.  :-D
Did you completely ignore MacGuffin's post in the other thread?
Quote from: MacGuffinStop this now.
You even had the last word too. And now you've rehashed something I said to somebody ELSE five days ago. Do you have a life at all, kid? You're annoying everybody. Take a hint and quit while you're ahead.

Stop speaking for other people and spreading innuendo - that is what is annoying. Judging from a few PM's I've gotten, you aren't as precious as you'd like to think you are. And all this re-hashing biz started on your end regarding the Ebert comment, so think you before you continually make assanine comments. Judging from the 3 million non-sensical posts you make, I'd say you're the one with infinite time on your hands. I'm done with all this silly back and forth with such a silly person. Now run along little man.

To everyone that has had to read all this crap, my apologies, but this Cinephile character is such a... I digress. Cheers.

ono

Isn't it clear by now?  None (or very few) of us have a "life" to speak of, what with the posting on Interweb message boards and all.  If we did, we'd be living it, hence the absences of certain people who have chosen to live theirs.

So now then, let's all hold hands, sing "Wise Up," and continue to salivate over the prospect of PTA's next film like the fan boys we are.

At the risk of repeating myself:

El Duderino

Quote from: Onomatopoeia

hahahahaha

*clenches hands* "It's not....what you thought..."
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Pubrick

billybrown, at least in the ebert thread cinephile called u out. this time u went looking for it.

don't kill anymore threads please. thanks.
under the paving stones.

billybrown

Quote from: Pubrickbillybrown, at least in the ebert thread cinephile called u out. this time u went looking for it.

don't kill anymore threads please. thanks.

First off, what are you saying, or trying to say?

That whole Ebert thing was me making a JOKE, and he re-hashed the whole Brown Bunny thing with a direct comment to me. Unless Cinephile is Roger Ebert, your point is utterly irrelevant.  I dropped that whole thing months and months ago, yet some of us here can be very very petty. I merely responded to his mindless banter.

Get your facts straight. Thanks for coming out.

billybrown

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaIsn't it clear by now?  None (or very few) of us have a "life" to speak of, what with the posting on Interweb message boards and all.  If we did, we'd be living it, hence the absences of certain people who have chosen to live theirs.

So now then, let's all hold hands, sing "Wise Up," and continue to salivate over the prospect of PTA's next film like the fan boys we are.

At the risk of repeating myself:

:lol: Cheers to that.  :yabbse-thumbup:

Pubrick

listen, stop being a jerk.

that's "what i'm trying to say". work it out in PMs if u want to hav a bitch fight but don't ruin anymore threads with ur bullshit.

Quote from: billybrownI'm done with all this silly back and forth
let's hope that is true.
under the paving stones.

fulty

Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

MacGuffin

Quote from: fultysee ya

I hope that doesn't mean you're leaving us.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mutinyco

I saw it earlier tonight. I didn't dislike it while I was watching it. In fact, I found aspects quite interesting. I initially pinpointed the problem by thinking it didn't work because the main character was completely undeveloped. We never saw him putting the gang together, or what drew them together. Or what his motivation was outside of the physical act of stealing the money.

A few hours after, it started to settle. I think this movie's kinda brilliant. It's essentially a movie that doesn't give a fuck. It's a film of no consequence. The bad guys kill themselves, the old black woman is deemed senile by the police, then she gives the stolen money to Bob Jones University thinking she's done good -- but it's a school with a racist mission. So, what was the point?

Also, I kinda thought the whole black culture clash was interesting -- it depicted one generation raised on The Bible, simple-minded and God-fearing; the other was raised on TV and gangsta rap...pop culture, and he's violent and ignorant. One character is so simple that she's duped, the other is so misguided that he dies by his own gun.

We never learn anything about the robbery crew. They're essentially cartoons. They have no backgrounds -- and they're all so bizzare. They have NOTHING in common. There's no comradary. No banter. They're total opposites. And all we know is that they were assembled through a newspaper ad. It doesn't matter. They all die and nobody will ever know what happened to any of them.

The puzzling thing is that it's a terribly bleak film -- one character is so dumb that he proved not only his lack of general inelligence, but also, that he never saw Intolerable Cruelty. Yet at the same time, and I'm now rethinking this as I've written it, maybe the ending with her giving the school money is a happy ending. Through sheer luck, this old black woman will be buying into a traditionally white institution. By accepting her donation the process of change can begin...

What am I thinking? She's the type who would send it all in a box. Probably anonymously.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

cowboykurtis

Quote from: mutinycoI The bad guys kill themselves, the old black woman is deemed senile by the police, then she gives the stolen money to Bob Jones University thinking she's done good -- but it's a school with a racist mission. .

thanks for ruining the plot fuckboy
...your excuses are your own...

mutinyco

"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

ShanghaiOrange

I saw this!

It was really funny and stuff.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2