Ask The Gold Trumpet

Started by Gold Trumpet, April 30, 2003, 07:35:07 PM

meatball

where the hell are you, man?

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: pitbullwhere the hell are you, man?

Dead. This forum has past me by. Its become the old cigs and coffee forum in being dominated by personalities and not actual film talk. I just have no more motivation for anything here anymore.

Just Withnail

Sad, but understanable. I think I'm one of the few who appreciated your voice. Byebye, man.

Gamblour.

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet
Quote from: pitbullwhere the hell are you, man?

Dead. This forum has past me by. Its become the old cigs and coffee forum in being dominated by personalities and not actual film talk. I just have no more motivation for anything here anymore.

Well, if this "domination" has happened twice, maybe that's just the way things go.
WWPTAD?

Stefen

I guess you could call me a personality, so I attribute to GT's absense, but what can I say? Movies aernt what they used to be (last decade)
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetThis forum has past me by. Its become the old cigs and coffee forum in being dominated by personalities and not actual film talk. I just have no more motivation for anything here anymore.

What else do you expect with film talk?

Seriously, what did you expect?  We don't eat, drink and breathe cinema. (although we try).  We have other things going on, and we slowly start talking about that stuff more than we do with films because we grow accustomed to each other more.

That's pretty positive, wouldn't you say?  It's not like film discussion is completely evaporated.  It's here, but yeah, evereyday life talk has dominated most discussion because everyday life happens... everyday.  We like to talk about it, and we see new movies, and we discuss them.

I think this board is still very much alive with updates and discussion, and I guess I ranted on this long because I was just thinking the other day how much I love this board.  As far as message boards go, this one is the most consistent one I've ever posted on that didn't go completely wayward into trolling and flame wars, and lost its original focus.

I guess that's it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: StefenBest ever walrus post.

I made Stefen proud! ::shitty emoticon::
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Quote from: Sidewalrus, Kookookajoob
Quote from: StefenBest ever walrus post.

I made Stefen proud! ::shitty emoticon::

What a crappy post.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetThis forum has past me by. Its become the old cigs and coffee forum in being dominated by personalities and not actual film talk. I just have no more motivation for anything here anymore.

Seriously, what did you expect?  We don't eat, drink and breathe cinema. (although we try).  We have other things going on, and we slowly start talking about that stuff more than we do with films because we grow accustomed to each other more.

That's pretty positive, wouldn't you say?  It's not like film discussion is completely evaporated.  It's here, but yeah, evereyday life talk has dominated most discussion because everyday life happens... everyday.  We like to talk about it, and we see new movies, and we discuss them.

I think this board is still very much alive with updates and discussion, and I guess I ranted on this long because I was just thinking the other day how much I love this board.  As far as message boards go, this one is the most consistent one I've ever posted on that didn't go completely wayward into trolling and flame wars, and lost its original focus.

I guess that's it.

Idle chatter has always existed, but I guess my point is that when film talk is appropriate for certain threads, they seem minimal. I always get the feeling people are coasting on their opinions by just saying what they like and thats it. Of course I'm generalizing, but call it an impression I picked up.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Well, I agree film talk could be more in depth (I for one don't delve in too deep) but what about that Green Screen, thing?  I wouldn't say this site is totally void of discussion, but if it's not as big as it used to be, well you just might be right about that.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet

I guess that's it.

Idle chatter has always existed, but I guess my point is that when film talk is appropriate for certain threads, they seem minimal. I always get the feeling people are coasting on their opinions by just saying what they like and thats it. Of course I'm generalizing, but call it an impression I picked up.
I don't post long posts on here much unless it is something I have a strong feeling about (Most of the time, I just read others posts and smile) But here I felt I should speak up because this is something I have a strong feeling about.
I see both Gold Trumpet's and walrus's sides to this and I do think we are that we are becoming more and more involved with our everyday lives than the films that we are supposed to be living and breathing but I think that is a good thing. We are recognizing who each and every one of us is as a human being rather than just some guy (Or gal) behind a computer. I do wish we were a little more involved with the movie topics than just idle chatter. But, it doesn't bother me that much at all. I actually look forward to what other people have to say in the idle chatter section and it is something of seeing some humanity in the words in some posts that people have posted that I feel lacking in the outside world (I hope that sentence made some sort of sense; the edit button will haunt me with that one by the way.). This place called xixax is one of my few escapes where I always feel like I can be myself and get away with it without feeling guilty. Most people on here won't post back to what I said and that is fine. I just thought I should get this all out. Oh, one more thing, thank you so much everyone who helped put this site together, all the administrators, (yes, even you Pubrick; especially Mac), are doing a great job of keeping this place going, and to all the other posters who I have chatted with before: Thrindle, meatball (Pitbull), I just want to sincerely say thank you.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

We're all one big happy family!

context, context, context.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: cronopioshhh
Yeah, we don't want anyone to know that we are a happy family.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection