Ask The Gold Trumpet

Started by Gold Trumpet, April 30, 2003, 07:35:07 PM

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: 03should i have a thread like this?

Absolutely. It would be 10 times more interesting than mine. To those who know my writing, my answers are always somewhat predictable.

Reinhold

what would you do with $600 that you couldn't save or spend on dvd's?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerwhat would you do with $600 that you couldn't save or spend on dvd's?

Think about buying a lot of books, but not because I have too many to read as is. In the end I'd just pay off my school debt. How boring I can really be.

meatball

Why did you return after your hiatus last year? Boredom, depression, or both?

Also, how do you feel about the success of 03's Thread?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Should I have a thread like this?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: magic school busWhy did you return after your hiatus last year? Boredom, depression, or both?

More boredom of the two, but also a new found interest in film. The problem of return has been to capulate my interest into something.

Quote from: magic school busAlso, how do you feel about the success of 03's Thread?

Happy for him. It's a good outlet.

Quote from: Walrus!Should I have a thread like this?

Sure. If you really want it. Its just their interest is so sporadic for everyone here. Be able to accept a failed thread.

Stefen

Should I have a thread like this?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Brazoliange

it'll be fun when everyone has a thread and noone is posting in the others because "it'd look like they don't know these things, and make their thread invalid"

= gg xixax
Long live the New Flesh

life_boy

I'm sure most of us on Xixax are familiar with your thoughts on Star Wars, GT, but I'm curious if you have any plans on seeing Episode III?

Pubrick

threads like this started years ago with ask moniker jones, and all his buddies.

so much for history's mistakes..
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: StefenShould I have a thread like this?

Yes. This board needs a sports reference. Just don't bash Brett Favre. I'll be the expert on him.

Quote from: life_boyI'm sure most of us on Xixax are familiar with your thoughts on Star Wars, GT, but I'm curious if you have any plans on seeing Episode III?

I finally saw the third one yesterday. Terrible, but not egregious. I make no attempt to apologize for the series. Every episode has been terrible. George Lucas is not a filmmaker. Fan boys know no other filmmaker and apologists understand the limitation of the films, but obviously have more passion to devour these films than others. And then their top ten lists just reflect every major critics list anyways.

life_boy

Judging from some of your favorite films lists and other films you praise that Akira Kurosawa is a very important filmmaker to you.  What fascinates you about Kurosawa?  Also, what can/should a relative newcomer to Kurosawa (such as myself) hope to pull from his work on first viewings?

meatball

Reinhold

how do you feel about brett favre making the list of the 100 greatest americans? he's in the company of MLK, Jr.; Ellen DeGeneres, George W. Bush, and Charles Lindbergh; etc.

i was boycotting it because Mr. Rogers didn't make the list. matt lauer pointed Mr. Rogers' absence out in a daily show interview. that made me feel somewhat better.

your thoughts?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Stefen

What are your thoughts on Matt Lauer?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.