Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Fuzzy Dunlop

Find Your Magali

Quote from: Pynchonikos1994 on March 18, 2020, 03:29:05 PM
Amy Adams please, I'm feeling he's not done with her.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if they both won their first Oscars for the same movie.
(Sorry, I need a pleasant-thought distraction during all this)

Alma

[tweet]1241052566189834246[/tweet]

I second the Melora Walters mention above, would love to see her in more stuff.

joneal

Any updates on this? I wonder how far it'll be pushed back. Will filming even start before the end of the year?

Drenk

All bets are off. Not even sure Universal would bother with an unprofitable prestige picture unlikely to win awards.
Ascension.

pynchonikon

Only guesses right now, and I don't see any announcements coming soon unless things in Hollywood (and the planet) start to roll normally again.
In the meantime, while it certainly isn't the same case, the delay of the Master's production lead to two releases within 2 years (2012-14), it would be at least comforting if he could do that again, 2022-24 maybe.

Alethia

Maybe he could squeeze in another Pynchon adaptation.... I can dream.

Pringle

I really wonder what this whole thing will do to the theater business. Especially for art house / prestige stuff like this. I know that a lot of the major chains are in dire straits right now, but does anyone know about the indie / art house scene and how they are faring as a whole right now or have any predictions?

Even though I'm a movie freak and I love going to theaters, do I really wanna risk my life sitting in a dirty AMC theater to see a movie I might not even like? ... I fear this could be the end of the moviegoing experience as we all knew it.

jenkins

kingfan011

If this ends up never getting made I do hope that at some point we get more details about what it would have been

wilberfan

Maybe it gets made after there are enough testing kits available for on-demand testing and/or a vaccine (and a year or two from now).  And maybe the theater/exhibition paradigm has changed so much that it gets made by Netflix or Amazon--perhaps at a reduced budget (and shot on digital).  Maybe the script is rewritten for a smaller cast or fewer extras.   

SO MANY THINGS are going to be different when those of us that are left come out the other side of this.

wilberfan

Or perhaps he'll do it as an animated feature.   Or do the "Superstar"/Todd Haynes thing with Barbie dolls.  Or just start up a Patreon account and send each of us the script at the $100 or more level.

I'm in.

Drill

Make a one woman character study/thriller at home starring Maya, ala "Images". Jonny can email him the score.

Tdog

Quote from: Drill on April 05, 2020, 05:32:28 PM
Make a one woman character study/thriller at home starring Maya, ala "Images". Jonny can email him the score.

"A Woman Under The Influence 2: Bad Habits Die Hard".

OR

"A Woman Under The Influence 2: Port of Call Tarzana".

Get Mark Ruffalo for the Peter Falk role.

Drenk

We all know he'd just direct the official Haim vlogs.
Ascension.