Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

I only offer this as a sample of what's floating around out there.  No credibility implied.

https://twitter.com/P_T_Anderson_/status/1249694347018133504

trytotell

I think that's a "no" on both counts.

It's interesting that some projects are still being announced in the trades. I'd say that hopefully we could still get some casting news, but it seems like he was still in the middle of casting anyways, so that's not going to happen.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: wilberfan on April 13, 2020, 10:36:54 PM
I only offer this as a sample of what's floating around out there.  No credibility implied.

This guy used to pretend to be Paul before blocking one of my accounts for outing him. He'd post photos of crowds lining up for auditions "for his upcoming film," when a reverse Google image search showed it was actually a crowd lining up for some Brazilian reality show. I'd wager he's a pathological liar.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

jviness02

Quote from: Rooty Poots on April 14, 2020, 02:18:36 AM
Quote from: wilberfan on April 13, 2020, 10:36:54 PM

This guy used to pretend to be Paul before blocking one of my accounts for outing him. He'd post photos of crowds lining up for auditions "for his upcoming film," when a reverse Google image search showed it was actually a crowd lining up for some Brazilian reality show. I'd wager he's a pathological liar.

I thought everyone knew by now that PTA discovered Dillon Freasier on a Brazilian reality show.

joneal

No filmmaker, let alone PTA, is dumb enough to write a 600 page script and expect to turn it into a movie. He'd just make a prestige miniseries for HBO or something.

Tdog

Just gonna put it here since it's the active future-PTA thread, but it would be so great if he did a watch along for one of his movies.

What one would you all pick?

Fuzzy Dunlop

Find Your Magali

Fun and surely incorrect thought I had last night: The film's purportedly about a teenager in California who was a famous child actor.

Wouldn't it be *wild* if it was a loose adaptation of The Three Investigators, where Jupiter Jones was the teen detective and former child actor.

pynchonikon

So the industry is reportedly going back to work by June 12, whatever that means (could any folks that are LA residents share any thoughts concerning this?). The times we live in are so wild that any kind of prediction is useless right now, but it's optimistic that at least they try to figure out ways of moving forward, right?

kingfan011

I do hope that if that doesn't go forward for whatever reason that one day we find out a little more info on what it would have been

WorldForgot

Quote from: pynchonikon on June 09, 2020, 10:56:58 AM
So the industry is reportedly going back to work by June 12, whatever that means (could any folks that are LA residents share any thoughts concerning this?).

From my side of the (children's tv) industry in LA -- rn most manufacturers for Studio/Production needs are still getting on their feet. We don't even expect to get the studio spaces equipped for COVID/post-COVID logistics until next month.

Heisenberg

I'm predicting end of 2020/early 2021 shooting and December 2021 release as of now.

jviness02

Quote from: kingfan011 on June 09, 2020, 12:56:22 PM
I do hope that if that doesn't go forward for whatever reason that one day we find out a little more info on what it would have been

I don't think the movie will be full on canceled due to any of this unless Paul loses interest and decides he doesn't want to do it anymore during the delay.

wilberfan

California Is Ready to Resume Film Production. But Is Hollywood?

QuoteA decent indicator of what might come online in Hollywood's back yard are the productions that received this year's allotment of California tax credit incentives — including Damien Chazelle's "Babylon" at Paramount, Universal's "Dear Evan Hansen" musical movie adaptation, Amazon's Lucy and Desi Arnaz biopic starring Cate Blanchett, and Paul Thomas Anderson's latest from Focus Features. None of the companies behind those titles had updates to share on their shooting status on or after June 12.  Those projects are required to enact one day of filming to qualify for millions in rebates, within 180 days of the allotment. Extensions were granted after the pandemic hit.

Tdog

Now would probably be a good time for him to resurrect/refocus on the Tiffany Haddish/Maya Rudolph project!