Batman Begins

Started by ©brad, February 19, 2003, 01:10:29 PM

modage

Quote from: GhostboyIn case anticipation has disipated at all...
it hasnt.  Batman Begins and The Life Aquatic are my reasons to live for the next year.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: GhostboyIn case anticipation has disipated at all...
it hasnt.  Batman Begins and The Life Aquatic are my reasons to live for the next year.

im sorry
...your excuses are your own...

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

edison

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Myxo

Derek

Sooner than I expected. Think it was a reaction to the bashing they took at Comicon? I like how they're rolling out the advertising though, showing us a little bit. Very un-Lucas-ey.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Fernando

The kid looks a little like the one in The Omen.
Good teaser IMO.

grand theft sparrow

I love the new vibe that the teaser makes it seem like it's going to have and the cinematography is top-shelf but it didn't hit me until seeing it just how much of an uphill battle this movie is going to have to get out of the shadow of Tim Burton.

But it looks better than Insomnia and that's all that matters.

matt35mm

I agree.  I felt sufficiently teased.  Also makes it clear that the movie is to focus more on Bruce Wayne and the psychology of fear, rather than just Batman.  Similar in the way that Spider-Man 2 focuses more on Peter Parker and the psychology of that weight and guilt he feels that drives him to be a superhero versus his desire for a normal life.

It's good, I think that focus on the human side is part of what made Spider-Man 2 good, what will probably make Batman Begins good, and what explains why the last two Batmans (and this new Catwoman movie) were so bad.

picolas

i particularly enjoy the new well-inspired villain

because if you really think about it, people are always falling down wells. and how do you kill a well? you can't shoot it, you can't drown it, blowing it up only makes it deeper,  tightening its choke-hold on the city. you could fill it with dirt, but then you'd just have another well somewhere else. really cool.

meatball

Quote from: picolasi particularly enjoy the new well-inspired villain

because if you really think about it, people are always falling down wells. and how do you kill a well? you can't shoot it, you can't drown it, blowing it up only makes it deeper,  tightening its choke-hold on the city. you could fill it with dirt, but then you'd just have another well somewhere else. really cool.

The only solution is to dive into it and destroy it from the inside out.

Just Withnail

Well, I don't feel the way I thought I would after seeing the teaser, but then again, it didn't show too much did it. Like hacksparrow I'm worried that it won't hold up to Burton, or more spesifically Elfman's brilliant theme.

Sleuth

what sort of bashing did it get at ComiCon?
I like to hug dogs

pete

it's easy to beat a tim burton batman: provide an actual bruce wayne character and more interesting action scenes, that's it.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton