Batman Begins

Started by ©brad, February 19, 2003, 01:10:29 PM

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Stefen
Quote from: GhostboyWhen will this movie stop getting cooler? That's everything I hoped for from the description.

it will stop getting cooler when WB realizes how cool it is and fires Nolan and replaces him with Renny Harlin.
:lol:
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

SoNowThen

Quote from: Stefen
Quote from: GhostboyWhen will this movie stop getting cooler? That's everything I hoped for from the description.

it will stop getting cooler when WB realizes how cool it is and fires Nolan and replaces him with Renny Harlin.

:yabbse-thumbup:   Brilliant!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

Pictures of Bruce Wayne:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Kal

bale is the best bruce wayne ever... i wanna see this movie right now!

El Duderino

Quote from: MacGuffinPictures of Bruce Wayne:

am i the only one who thinks he looks a lot like tom cruise in this picture?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Gloria

Christian Bale really looks like Bruce Wayne.  He just looks so suave and charismatic in those pictures.  Perfect Bruce Wayne look.  Now, lets see if he can pull off the batsuit.  :)

Gold Trumpet

I'm not impressed with those first few shots of Bale as Wayne. Sure, he pulls off the corporate identity of Wayne off, but Wayne was an outsider to that world and all ID of that is gone. Bale had a menacing look and presence in American Psycho and I feel it is being subdued in these first shots. Michael Keaton had the looks, Bale has the build.

Ghostboy

But those are just tabloid snapshots of him on set waiting for the cameras to roll. You can't judge a performance on something like that.

kotte

modage

he must be menacing between takes!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: GhostboyBut those are just tabloid snapshots of him on set waiting for the cameras to roll. You can't judge a performance on something like that.

I was judging with limitations.  my thoughts were in the context of just those shots and so of course what I said was limited.  It was meant to be. Its just Keaton bled Batman just with his look and I'm pointing that out. Also, its conveniant other people made grander statements about Bale as Batman and they are ignored simply because mine was the only one that was negative.

Ghostboy

Point taken, although I think there's a difference between saying something 'looks cool' in a casual photograph and examining nuances of character and performance based on the same images.

Stefen

keaton oozes bruce wayne now. But I don't think he did when the first bat movie was being made. I was just a wee baby then, but i've heard people were crying outloud pissed that Keaton was cast as Wayne/bats. So far I think Bale is perfect for this role. Those on set pictures just make it more perfect.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pwaybloe

Gotham City liscence plate... nice touch.