These songs in these films sound neat

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 18, 2003, 01:51:13 PM

snaporaz

wierd. right when i clicked on this thread, winamp started playing where is my mind? by the pixies [exit music for fight club]. and that's a pretty neat song.

ElPandaRoyal

"A Quick One, While He's Away", in Rushmore....... soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking great use of the song (which is one of my faves ever).
Si

Dirk

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum"A Quick One, While He's Away", in Rushmore....... soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking great use of the song (which is one of my faves ever).

When is that song played?
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

ElPandaRoyal

In that sequence of scenes between Max Fisher and Mr. Blume when they "attack" each other (Blumes fucks up Max's bike; Max fucks up the breaks of Mr. Blume's car, etc...)
Si

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ElPandaRoyal

And what a great song that is........ The Who are the best :P
Si

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sigur Rós

Quote from: MacGuffinOr this one:

¨

I love the Cat Stevens song in Rushmore.

dufresne

There are shadows in life, baby.

ElPandaRoyal

QuoteI love the Cat Stevens song in Rushmore.

Which one? There are "Here Comes My Baby" and "The Wind" (this one not on the soundtrack).
Si

Sigur Rós

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum

Which one? There are "Here Comes My Baby" and "The Wind" (this one not on the soundtrack).

hehe, I knew someone would ask  :-D both!

What about 'If you Wan't to Sing Out, Sing Out'...?

MacGuffin

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum

"The Wind" is on my copy of the soundtrack.

I think that song was used better in "Almost Famous" when Penny Lane is dancing in the empty concert hall.

Skeleton FilmWorks

ElPandaRoyal

Well, I think "The Wind" is just a beautiful song and I can't see it being badly used in any ocasion  8) "Here Comes My Baby is just as cool"

Also related to this thread, I'm actually listening to a great song that many of you probably don't recognize, 'cause it's a portuguese song and was used in a portuguese film called "Rasganço". The film is ok, but the song ("Chaga", by Ornatos Violeta) is just amazing. If you ever get the chance to download it from Kazaa, do so. Its begining is just as great as rock can be  :-D
Si

dufresne

this is so cliche but Echo and Bunnymen's "The Killing Moon" in DD sounds great.
There are shadows in life, baby.

Redlum

Expecting to Fly in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas