The greatest New York movie ever?

Started by kotte, November 16, 2003, 08:49:16 AM

modage

Quote from: kotteCrocodile Dundee II :)

okay, since somebody else brought this up, i am BEGGING ONE OF YOU to watch the first 10 minutes of this movie.  therein lies a huge weird goof that i noticed a few years ago.  dundee is in a boat fishing with dynamite i believe in a little rowboat outside new york city.  in a wide shot, a helicopter pulls up.  however when they cut to a closeup of hte people who start talking to him they are clearly standing on a boat, not inside a helicopter.  how did they get away with such a dreadful continutity mistake without everyone in the theatre being like "what hte fuck?"  because its pretty huge in my opinion.  tell me on eother person has seen this.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

kotte

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: kotteCrocodile Dundee II :)

okay, since somebody else brought this up, i am BEGGING ONE OF YOU to watch the first 10 minutes of this movie.  therein lies a huge weird goof that i noticed a few years ago.  dundee is in a boat fishing with dynamite i believe in a little rowboat outside new york city.  in a wide shot, a helicopter pulls up.  however when they cut to a closeup of hte people who start talking to him they are clearly standing on a boat, not inside a helicopter.  how did they get away with such a dreadful continutity mistake without everyone in the theatre being like "what hte fuck?"  because its pretty huge in my opinion.  tell me on eother person has seen this.

Would be great if you could get some caps of that. :)

classical gas

hmm...I somehow forgot about "After Hours", good NYC movie

pete

wait, people mention 25th hour, but not do the right thing?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton